Engine won't 'kill' turn off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X2Boss

Hi,

I'm new to 1/5 R/C's however got the King Motor from RCmodelz.co.uk (rude and poor customer service) however that's for another day.

I'm on the 4th tank of fuel after running it in as recommended and snapped the pull starter, so brought a new one and fitted it however since I've done so I can not get be engine to cut out, she runs sweet etc but can't get it to cut out unless I starve the fuel supply.

So I took engine cover off and realigned the coil using the business card trick the get the spacing correct so it's not rubbing on the fly wheel, however still had no joy. Being an electrician and having electrical knowledge I tested he coil using my Ohm meter and all test are spot on (going by the manufactures guidelines) the engine is a fuelie 30.5cc 4 bolt.

I've also tested the stitch on and off the wires all is okay, wiring to and from the kill switch and coil are perfect I.e tight and correct ....

The kill switch is normally open 'NO' and when pressed makes contact with other side of coils in basic yearns short out wires to kill engine .... However it doesn't.

I've tried a copper fly lead to touch on "ground" I.e on the engine case to the coil both wire but still will not cut engine out?

Also tried new switch (even though old one tested fine) just for piece of mind and manually touch wires together whilst engine was running yet again no luck

Anyone who could help would be appreciated, may be something simple but I've done everything logical .... Well from an electricians point of anyway ha

Thanks a lot

u don't sound like a person who is clueless. that being said its probably safe to say that it may not be that simple.. sounds like u tested all the necessary. have you tried another coil yet?

Hi,thanks for getting back to me, new coil have been ordered should be here anyway now. Hopefully this is the issue as I've run out of ideas to try. Will keep you updated.

Regards

Fitted the new coil and hey presto all is fine. Despite the place I brought it from adamant it was the switch even though I tested everything.

Thanks for all your help

A2B5CAAD-5E0E-460F-B82A-9B868834521A_zpsnjbryjci.jpg

71FF619F-11F0-42CF-8C15-289BA62D63B0_zpshqocddgq.jpg

46DA0BA6-E94E-46F9-9E2C-C7FD3D08637D_zpsi6ipbain.jpg

At least you all know now in case you come across this problem for the future, usually can't get the bloody thing running ha! Thanks everyone again for your help

Got a problerm with my could again I belive, is shorting out (countinuity tester between Red live and Neautral black) straight from the coil, ordered and new on and it's doing the same ?

Also from live to engine head it shorts out and same black ... Again please note "Switch Blade" kill switch is disconnected at reciver and from kill switch at this point so no wire could be shorting else where.

This is causing engine to ground, got good spark and correct gap on fly wheel...

Please not this was with be switch disconnected which the switch works perfectly fine.

I'm starting to think it's something to do with my "Switch Blade" kill switch as this is the second coil now only on my fourth tank of petrol ?

Any ideas

Yeah I'd go back to basics and remove the kill switch altogether so it's just the standard engine with the manual stop button and try running. I've got a KillerBee kill switch on my baja and fortunately not had any problems yet.. I hope you manage to solve it!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks