ESC & BL Motor Qustion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use the SEARCH and type KERSHAW.
Personally, I've had nothing but good, and several good experiences with Dan.

I don't know that particular ESC, but Dan certainly knows his stuff, as we say.

Somebody else on the Forum has had pretty poor service from him.

I believe it's good news.

Try using Google and checking out what others say.
Bear in mind that most people don't say much when it's good, but say a lot when its bad.
Al.

Thanks. I now. That is the case, people will be quit if things are good and will not stop complaining if things are not to there liking.
That is why I posted the question hear and on other forums.
Regarding search I did, but Needed mor opinions and experience withe the product.
Thanks again.
Regards.

I am spilt on the 58110 & The 2028. Can any one tell me what is the spics on the CC 2028, other than what is published on third website. Max watts, volts ...

Shiny, i have a 2028 and use it as my spare motor at the moment. It will be going in a FG 4WD on road as soon as i get one. The motors are very very good and castles' service is second to none. You can run the motor on 10s max according to the RPM limit but people with bajas and Losi5Ts run 12s in them and it seems to take it just fine, i would keep an eye on temps though. I have always thought it strange that NEU can limit there larger motors to 40 000RPM yet castle, who have a licenced copy of the NEU in the 2028 say the limit is 30 000RPM.

As far as watts go I think they are rated for 8000Watts but i would not be surprised if you see higher watts during use. Get the 2028 it is a terrific motor. And if anything goes wrong keep your proof of purchase, fill in the form an send it back to castle. Worst case they say its out of warranty and you have to pay $185.00 for the repair which is cheaper than the leopard from kershaw designs anyway.

In my opinion i would not use the leopard motor. I have ran one in a FG Baja 4WD and yes it made the expected amounts of power but on 8s i had huge temps. IN MY OPINION they are a poorer quality of motor and less efficent when compared to castles 2028. I used and still have the 2028 i used it in my FG Leopard 4WD COMP for testing and setup and for the same gearing (When compared to the leopard motor) had no temp issues and was very impressed with the power

If it was me i would be using the MGM 25063 X series, you can purchase it from Kershaw, RC Madness or from MGM-controllers.com. It is a terrific product and their service is just as good as Castles. Motor wise i would use the 2028 or if you wanted to spend that little bit extra i would use the NEU 2215 or 2230. Either way you will have a terrific bullet proof setup and on the odd occurence something does go wrong getting it repaired either under warranty or not is very easy and the help and service you will get from those companies is fantastic.

I have been in the situation where i have purchased the cheaper product because it was cheaper and when it does fail, and it will getting any sort of help or service from that company is impossible. I would rather save a little more or sell a model i don't use anymore to pay for the more expensive product simply because i know it will work and IF it does fail the help and service i get is terrific. People say MGM are too expensive for what you get, MGM have their own skype channel so that if you do have a problem you can talk to them directly to get it sorted. Lets see leopard hobby,
beast rc, or sky rc do that when their product fails.

On another note there is no point in going through and doing the conversion and getting cheap crappy batteries. Get some decent ones like Thunderpower RC or Hyperion. Your setup will only be as good as the batteries powering it.

Hope this helps

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks