esp 30.5 tuning issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxy

Hello to all, i have been killing myself all day working on this new build on my fg monster. Current issue is my motor keeps flooding badly.. i can get it to run if i feather out throttle and dry off plug and i can keep it running as long as i catch the throttle in time i have done 4 heat cycles on the engine ran it 10 mins each time... carb has standing fuel in it....

Model------ FG Monster Truck

Fuel mix--- 25:1 klotz supertechniplate

Engine---- cy29rc with 36mm esp 30.5cc championship ported big bore kit with stroker crank

Carb---- walbro 668b with intake insulater

Exhaust---- ddm dominator

When i do get it to start i can keep it running but my low needle is like 1 turn or little leaner and high is like 1 1/4 or a bit leaner as well....

All comments and or information to assist me would be great id greatly appreciate it thanks a bunch

Oxy

The 1.25 / 1.375 LOW / HIGH ruling is a rough guide and can vary slightly from carb to carb, etc.
It does sound unusual that it's flooding on an apparently lean setting.
Is the plug firing OK?
After a good blast up and down, how full is the primer bulb after 15 minutes' running? FULL? M/T? Half Full?
(~2/3 is normal)

Al.

Last edited:
Hello and thanks for the reply the plug is firing good spark is very good. I took apart the carb and cleaned the hell out of it started up much easier but i found no dirt at all in there so not sure what made it run better... so thats the good thing... also the low and high were. Able to work with the factory settings finally... so when i got done went out to eat dinner, come back home and long behold my basment wreaked like gas bad now the carb just leaked fuel out carb when its sitting my luck is completely shot to hell... long story short i had enough i bought a modded 990 from ddm and im hoping this will finally get my fg ripping the yard up ... i also contacted steve at ddm hes been more then helpful... the customer service there is beyond any other place ive bought from ...

To be continued.... (update as soon as i get the new carb in)

Also if anyone can think of anything else i need to buy please let me know.. .:w00t:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks