Ever tried porting an engine yourself?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i done a bit of porting on my motor when i rebuilt it, i use to have scooters lambretta,s and vespa,s and did quite a bit of porting on them, maybe start with tidying the transfer ports and the same with the casings you can allso clean and polish the exhaust port, have a look on go,ped forums there allso good on tuning info,

i done a bit of porting on my motor when i rebuilt it, i use to have scooters lambretta,s and vespa,s and did quite a bit of porting on them, maybe start with tidying the transfer ports and the same with the casings you can allso clean and polish the exhaust port, have a look on go,ped forums there allso good on tuning info,

you can port mine if you want ;) om

mike

you know that if your engine is in good nick ian oddie ports them to over 6hp for about 200-250.

I know mate, Stevo does the same thing and gets similar power ratings or you can buy the 4 bolt 29cc Zenoah ported head with all fittings for £150 and I bet it's not too far off the mark. or spend half that and get the 29cc bigbore kit also for the 4 bolt zenoah with stuffed/stroked crank and this should give decent power gains with a good pipe.

Just wondered if anyone has tried that software that allows you to take the measurements off your engine then takes you through the step by step guide to porting?

I know mate, Stevo does the same thing and gets similar power ratings or you can buy the 4 bolt 29cc Zenoah ported head with all fittings for £150 and I bet it's not too far off the mark. or spend half that and get the 29cc bigbore kit also for the 4 bolt zenoah with stuffed/stroked crank and this should give decent power gains with a good pipe.

Just wondered if anyone has tried that software that allows you to take the measurements off your engine then takes you through the step by step guide to porting?

To be getting 6hp depends on the pipe you got. You are not going to get that output on a stock can tuned engine or not.

The MMR Pro MX engines and head kits with a dom are doing 5.7-6.3hp on our dyno.
Yes we have our own dyno so we know what you are getting is what we say you are getting.
Scotty hand ports all the engines to the very highest standards possible. So if you were to send down your motor it would be outfitted with the head and returned with a dyno chart for a small extra charge but then you are not guessing.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks