evo o8 or competition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BERNESEDUKE

Hi,wonde ered if you guys in the know could give me some advice,i am looking at buying a 1/5 FG evo is 2099 euros and the comp is 1499,do u think the evo is worth 600 more,i would like the evo but it is quite a bit more,do u think iwould notice much differance?The evo has better pipe and 4 block clutch,anything else important?,sorry for my ramblings but any advice would be grateful.Thanks for any help,Rigs

You don't really need the competition, it's allot of extra "bling".. I mean for 600 extra euros, you can get allot of upgrades that you will like.. Such as a cool body, another after market pipe.

I had the same dilemma and i got the evo.. But mine was used and the guy had already put allot of stuff from the competition. So i got lucky in a way.

Hope this helps you out.

Chris

Are you a competitive guy?? Are you going to RACE with the expectation of wining? If so--EVO 8!! If you're an occassional racer--and really don't expect to hit the podium--mostly play with the car in a parking lot--then get the Sport!!
That simple
T

Get the evo. No need to upgrade. Its a beast even if its for the parking lot. The evo is nothing like the sporstline. I only use the sportslines on speed runs because it is lighter and has a flat chassis and is easily moded to very high speeds. The evo is just pure enjoyment. Heres a vid of an upgraded evo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,wonde ered if you guys in the know could give me some advice,i am looking at buying a 1/5 FG evo is 2099 euros and the comp is 1499,do u think the evo is worth 600 more,i would like the evo but it is quite a bit more,do u think iwould notice much differance?The evo has better pipe and 4 block clutch,anything else important?,sorry for my ramblings but any advice would be grateful.Thanks for any help,Rigs

if you are not racing this car on a prepared track I would just get the Sportline.
don't waist your money into the EVO if you are not going to race it.
Now if you have plenty of money and don't care, then get the EVO.

I have raced against Sportlines on a race track (301 Raceway) and they are very competetive!!! The only problem with the Sportline on a race track is that over time when you start hitting things, the plastic components start to give in, where as the EVO since its all aluminum, it can hold on. The others side of the coin, is that if you crash an EVO, yes, you may be able to finish a race or continue racing, but at the end you will have to spend more money to fix, where as the sportline, its all plastic and its cheaper.
So there you have it, some pros and cons for each!!!

one other downside of the sportsline is the plastic wears quite fast. things like ball sockets take a beating, along with anywhere the plastic pivots (hinge pins) will wear. however replacing that stuff isnt all that expensive, and when that happens you can slowly replace stuff with aluminum bits. thats what im doing.

Or... take an evo chassis, gas tank and motor mounts, and toss a bunch of nutech gt5r parts on the front and rear, all aluminum, and build 2 really nicely blinged rides for the price of one so if you do crash, you have another to play with. I have one done that way (semi) and building another the same.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks