Evo Touring car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANGRYEVO8

HI Guy i have been a member here for a while but have never gotten round to putting up photos of my FG EVO

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
very nice mate cant beat a evo for value comes fully loaded all the carbon and alloy you will ever need

hows it go with the oddie red top ive got a 23cc oddie 4 bolt heli in mine with a few extras lol and that's more than I can handle

sorry for the late reply renbar have been at work with no reception. the 26cc red top is almost too much motor for the car and definately for me to handle. I only carpark bash/race with it so the track surface is never going to be clean enough to really get the car to hook up properly. I have thought about getting a 23cc 4 bolt from Ian but i am also wanting to try an abbate race engine as well. I guess we will see what the budget allows once the credit card stops melting.

I think the shocks are a really good thing but they need alot of time to set up properly. On the other hand at least setting them up is quicker than have to change oil and springs all time

Heard they are easy to set up and no need to keep changing oil and springs is a god send, when your in a practice and need car set up for race day, means a lot to get the car right.

You should race it mate, you would love it.
Brad.

I would love to race it mate but at the moment there are no 1/5 on road tracks where i live and my work schedule is very hectic.

I tried to race my Leo brushless and this is the shortened version of the conversation that followed.

"We don't race brushless, hydraulic brakes, or mod engines here. If you want to race please go purchase a baja or its clone. "

What a bunch of narrow minded pricks.

That rubbish mate, I feel for ya, 1/5th onroad is the best and closest racing in my opinion...

You should start a track up mate, or see if there is anyone else interested in running super saloon class and GTS class .

Brad :)

I would love to race it mate but at the moment there are no 1/5 on road tracks where i live and my work schedule is very hectic.

I tried to race my Leo brushless and this is the shortened version of the conversation that followed.

"We don't race brushless, hydraulic brakes, or mod engines here. If you want to race please go purchase a baja or its clone. "

What a bunch of narrow minded pricks.

Where did you get that answer from?
J:D

The guys running the club came to my LHS and set up a stand to try and drum up some membership for their 1/5 off road and quarter scale. I started talking to the guy and ended up going and getting my car to show him the master piece i had created to see if i could join and have some fun with other people. Upon seeing my Frankenstein he told me i couldnt race brushless, i said i could pull the motor out and put my oddie 26 red top in, sorry mate no mod engines, ok so a stock engine is cheap of the shelf can i run that with my setup. He looked over the car and said not with the hydro brakes. I asked what they ran and it was mostly bajas or clones. They even run them in quarter scale with a different shell.

I went home with a reminder of why i stopped racing in the first place.

The guys running the club came to my LHS and set up a stand to try and drum up some membership for their 1/5 off road and quarter scale. I started talking to the guy and ended up going and getting my car to show him the master piece i had created to see if i could join and have some fun with other people. Upon seeing my Frankenstein he told me i couldnt race brushless, i said i could pull the motor out and put my oddie 26 red top in, sorry mate no mod engines, ok so a stock engine is cheap of the shelf can i run that with my setup. He looked over the car and said not with the hydro brakes. I asked what they ran and it was mostly bajas or clones. They even run them in quarter scale with a different shell.

I went home with a reminder of why i stopped racing in the first place.

That is unbelievable...what planet are these nobs on?
J

thanks for the link mike ill look them up, Voo i think you are right, if a stock baja is what they want i should go and get a HPI BAJA 5B Flux.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks