Exhaust bolts keeps comming loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gates59

Ok so for some reason my exhaust bolts keeps coming loose every time I take out my rc. I have a rampage mt. I tried lock tight and two different pipes and same results. Can't even run one tank of fuel. I don't want to over tighten them thought. Anything else I can use.

You can upgrade to studs that thread into the head. Red Loctite them in there nice and tight. Then you can you use 2 locknuts on each stud to "jamnut" it on. It will not come off then. There are also studs with holes in them, you can wire tie them together so they don't back out. Sorry, it happens from time to time on these models, some vibrate more than others, usually a flywheel or drivetrain that is not well balanced causes this....

You can upgrade to studs that thread into the head. Red Loctite them in there nice and tight. Then you can you use 2 locknuts on each stud to "jamnut" it on. It will not come off then. There are also studs with holes in them, you can wire tie them together so they don't back out. Sorry, it happens from time to time on these models, some vibrate more than others, usually a flywheel or drivetrain that is not well balanced causes this....

My screws didn't come out, but I couldn't get the screw on the right side to tighten all the way in with the curvature of the bartolone XP pipe. So I replaced with the studs with locknuts. Now the pipe is really tight on there and no exhaust leak.

Those studs are a great product.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks