Fail safe kill switches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road_Runner

It amazes me why all new petrol cars, are not fitted with fail safe kill switches that can be controlled direct from the transmitter. These are a matter of safety, from a run away car, that could cause serious injury, if it happened to hit anybody. I am surprised that manufacturers are allowed to sell these vehicles without a fail safe switch being fitted. It seems that it is the responsibility of the buyer, to make sure that these cars are safe to run, where they are liable to cause injury to anyone if the car goes out of control.

What are your views on this? Should manufacturers be made to fit these devices before being allowed to sell them? There are many different makes of these kill switches in the market and not all of them are 100% safe if not fitted properly.

They should be standard but i think i understand why they are not. It is the responsibility of the buyer to make sure these cars are run safely. The manufacture does not run or maintain our cars, we do. If they install kill switches as standard it would be a HUGE liability for them. If someone or something gets hit or property damaged..it may get blamed on a killswitch malfunctioning when the real reason might be the person controling the rc is a jerk trying to show off driving to close to people or property.

we meet again roadrunner lol.. and yeah whoduh your right about the manufactures proberbly getting held responsable. for runaway rc hitting people or damage propertys. by saying the kill switch failed ect ect... i need to install just one more on my other rc.. but feel reasured by having one fitted on the one i use the most... there a no brainer as our rides cost hundreds & some guys thousands of £$..but having saying that like you said if a jerks in control and showing off its there fault..

Fair comment Whoduh. I can see your point of view about the responsibilty of the buyer to fit these fail safe switches, and yes there are some Jerks out there, going off what I have seen on some youtube videos.

I have just recently bought two brand new cars that have not been run yet so both of them need to be fitted with a kill switch, before I use them. One car my Rovan Baha will present no problem as it has a 3 channel transmitter/receiver. My other car is a Yama Buggy which only has a 2 channel transmitter, but does have a spare channel on the receiver. So how would I be able to make it work with only a 2 channel transmitter? Would I need to buy a new 3 channel transmitter or could I use the same 3 channel transmitter that came with the Rovan, to operate both cars independently? I am not sure but I think the Rovan transmitter can allow several models to be programmed in to this transmitter.

Yes we meet again Marley.:) How did your run go the other day?

not to bad road runner. bit cold only did about 1/12 hours tho..did a couple of tanks..im having slight issue with the steering as wen i set off it pulls to on one side only on setting off ..as tho its to much power to back wheels . and im still driving it mild as just broke in new engine..hows yours going ??:)

roadrunner you might be best and easiest option is to buy a new tx /rx .. im using the flysky fs-3b 3channal digital screen got mine with the car but there cheap enough to buy also they do a version which I use on my other rc which is about between £20 odd £30 odd ...if that helps..:)

+1 on the Flysky fs gt3b. I picked mine up for $27.00 when i bought it a few years ago. Recievers are inexpensive. Range is good. Feature set on the radio is good. And if you want, you can hack it and make it a 6 ch radio.

No worries about hi jacking my thread and thanks for the advice on getting another transmitter. Will I have to get another receiver as well, or will the receiver be ok, that is already on the car?

Glad to hear you had a good time with your new engine Marley. I'm going to give my Rovan a first time fire up after I have fitted the fail safe, so I'll let you know how it goes in a couple of days. Regarding the Yama, it will have to wait until I can sort out a new transmitter, so I can fir a fail safe.

Just thinking Marley, this must be the longest newbie thread on here, but at least we know we can natter to each other here. Take care mate and hope you get your fast acceleration tamed, with your bigger engine. :eek:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks