fail safe prob,s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo

been running my sq baja for 2months from new ,did,nt come with a failsafe so picked up a gws fs 2 and fitted it , thing is the range has never been great, at around 20meters the failsafe will cut in and return the servo to the neuteral position, got the same failsafe on my nitro buggy and never had any problems.

I take it this is a gasser? Could the spark be a issue with this failsafe? get a killerbee and be done with it.Need a 3 channel radio to use the bee.

The radio's in the clones are very ordinary units, but they do work.
Mine,my sons and one of my mates all did the same thing.
As it turned out the pins on the TX crystal were not contacting properly with the sockets, so I closed the sockets so the pins were tight and we have never had a problem since.
We easily get 150 plus metres in range, no need to go any further unless youre wearing binoculars!!!:clown:

You would probably be better off upgrading to either a 2.4ghz or a 40mhz FM set. AM has the most interference I believe......

Ditch the AM set quick, bugger the crystals, the whole radio is your problem!!
AM radio's are for electric,maybe nitro and little kiddie toys, NOT spark ignition leg breakers.
2.4 ghz is the go.

http://www.jespares.co.uk/petrol-mo...ry_id=639&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=7615

There ya go Pab,try that. I'll doubt you will find a better price for a Spekky with two receivers. As you already have the servos ,sell the ones you get with it on fleebay and re-coup some of the cost,they are crap anyway plus you have a spare reciver for another car!
J.E.Spares are one of the quickest despatch sellers I have delt with.I Ordered my DX3s in the morning and the next morning I was un-boxing it!.... super quick despatch.
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks