Fasttrax Tuned pipe, cheap but any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fasttrax Tuned pipe

Got one of those pipes stuck on my fg with a old g2d engine and it is quite load very load for residential areas i would think.

Have not had the time to try but will keep you all posted

ere is a few picks
091226_111433_6.jpg 091226_111533_1.jpg 091226_111533_8.jpg

sorry about picture quality use mobile phone

Thanks for viewing and reading

Noodle,

the end of it looks like a silencer, is this standard or something you added?

I'm currently thinking Jetpro (good an neat fit) or Fasttrax (Cheap). anyone got any opinions? (I have considered DDM, but don't want to cut away too much of the Baja shell)

Noodle,

the end of it looks like a silencer, is this standard or something you added?

I'm currently thinking Jetpro (good an neat fit) or Fasttrax (Cheap). anyone got any opinions? (I have considered DDM, but don't want to cut away too much of the Baja shell)

hi mate i run with an fg tuned pipe which is very good imo, the jetpro and ddm are probably the best out there on the market, cost a bit but everyone i've spoke to on here who have them have said they're great and the power is noticed strait away, not seen the fasttrax in action so can't comment but for the price as i said b4 it's worth a chance :cool2: just my opinion though bud :clown:

fastrax pipe

No its one big chamber then a small one on the end the only thing i added to it was top of a coat hanger to make a support bracket with a peice of fuel pipe round it to stop it rubbing the sound of it is loudish nice tone to it all it wants to do is spin back wheels only had on tarmac no off road with it yet

ere is a vid sorry about quilty cheap phone

link http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy321/noodle_ed/RC CARS/?action=view&current=60687dd7.flv

Attachments

• lg_ks360.jpg
    lg_ks360.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
No its one big chamber then a small one on the end the only thing i added to it was top of a coat hanger to make a support bracket with a peice of fuel pipe round it to stop it rubbing the sound of it is loudish nice tone to it all it wants to do is spin back wheels only had on tarmac no off road with it yet

could you try and get a vid of it bud when you get out please so we can hear and see what it's like????????? :cool2:

sorry about quality of vid the engine on my marder is a g2d 4 bolt 23cc with a 668 carb. Just in middle of puttin a 26 cc cy on to see if it sounds any different

I'm afraid my Yorkshire heritage (US-translation: tight ass) has got the better of me, I've just ordered one of the pipes from Nimph models (ebay link above), cable discs, and alloy spur carrier. Will let you know the results when it arrives (am going to stick my GPS on it and log the acceleration and top speed before and after)

Looking through the Nimph website, they make bespoke large scale powerboats and race MCDs, and I get the impression that they fabricate the pipes themselves.

I'm afraid my Yorkshire heritage (US-translation: tight ass) has got the better of me, I've just ordered one of the pipes from Nimph models (ebay link above), cable discs, and alloy spur carrier. Will let you know the results when it arrives (am going to stick my GPS on it and log the acceleration and top speed before and after)

Looking through the Nimph website, they make bespoke large scale powerboats and race MCDs, and I get the impression that they fabricate the pipes themselves.

What a good idea....please keep us posted with your results.

The pipe and brakes arrrived today. They are actualy made in china (hence why they are so cheap, £95 for the lot), but that said they look to be good quality.

The pipe is alu, and chrome plated (mmm shhiny). Only real downside I can see is that the header was not polished flat before it was chromed, so it won't make too good a seal with a plain gasket (supplied in the bag). Careful use of an oil stone and some automotive exhaust gasket-goo should sort that. Whilst there is a hole and a thread at the rear for a support wire, none is supplied, but a coat hanger will sort that one out too.

I'll get it on the car in about a fortnight, and will give you an update of photos and hard numbers for the perfoemance boost.

The disc brakes look prety sturdy, machined from alu blocks and anaodised green. Looks like the discs have been heat treated too (for hardness). There are some nice touches like stainless steel lever arms and a stainless return spring on the caliper. The free end of the cables has also been dipped in lead to stop it fraying.

The only thing missing is a strong spring on the servo arm to allow the servo to make some travel without burning out (am sure I can find one in a drawer somewhere).
I'l set up a new thread later this week with images etc showing the brakes install.

Life has been a bit hectic this last month (minor 1:1 car crash), so the pipe only made it on Wednesday this week.

The supplied gasket is lead, so moulds well once you torque the header bolts down (do them 1/8 turn at a time and alternately to get a good seat). A tiny smear of automotive gasket goo helps too.

As per previous post, I had to dress the header face on the pipe to get it perfectly flat, but this only needed a needle file and 10 mins effort.

I took it out yesterday for it's maiden tune and run with the new pipe and it definately has lots of power. louder yes, but not stupidly loud. Unfortunately I don't have any other tuned piped to compate it to.

I have not added any support to the back of the pipe yet (bit of coat hanger), but it seems prety sturdy on its own. I rolled it a few times and no aparent damage, despite there being evidence that the pipe dug into the ground prety hard.

I've not put the GPS on it yet to get the speed and accel with the new pipe, but i'd say it was a mid range pipe. It definately spins the wheels more through the low to mid rev range, but due to poor traction i couldn't get wheelies on command, but with the aid of a bump or stone to lift the front end and shift the weight backwards it will wheel-stand.

Next week I'm going to trim the Baja shell and will post pics and data for the full install.

the to-do list is currently:
Refill Diff with grease (too loose still)
Crankcase metal gauze mod.
Refill shocks with lighter oil (stock oil is seems heavy and the car bounds over bumps)
Loose the rear anti-roll bar (and get better at driving to compensate)
Cusyom 2x2way servo harness to bypass reciever for power, with UBEC
Install 2nd brake servo
set up front discs (installed but no servo yet)

I call the car a work in progress, the missus calls it an unwated distraction from installing the new bathroom suite :D

A quick update on the pipe I got.... Wheelspins heavily on grass up to 20mph, so bags of power.

See this thread for a video https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=8225&page=2

Had a big cartwheeling crash yesterday, and the pipe hit the deck first. result was the pipe being ripped off at the manifond. no aparent damage to the rest of the car tho. The pipe may have fared better if I had a wing fitted (which annoyingly arrived in the post this morning, argh!)

I'm now looking for a new pipe, Noodle, hows the Fattrax holding up?

Last edited:
fastrax pipe little bash today it wants to lift the front up now and again

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks