Feeling the love. Sticking with Gas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjagaiden

Folks,

Just had a blast on my 5ive-T yesterday (bank holiday in the UK) with a 30 minute flawless run on a mixed turf and tarmac site. My 6 year old did some driving too and had a blast. I've decided to stick with the petrol engine. There is something about the torque build up, acceleration, speed and handling mix that is a sweet spot at the moment. Some hard braking reminds you this is a big truck, and I would worry about adding much more momentum with a brushless system.

I had saved all the money (850GBP) for importing the KD brushless combo (RCmadness mount, 2028 and XL2) and some big lipos. Instead I am going to get the Losi LOSR8020 tuned pipe and a DT-1 filter. For 100GBP I reckon this gives the best possible upgrade on the price/performance curve, and should keep everything nice and controllable.

With the rest of the money I have bought a used Maverick Vader (That's a Redcat Rampage XBe for those of you across the pond) which I will gradually upgrade to a bigger block 2028/XL2 setup. I feel that at 6.4Kg this is a more sensible vehicle weight for a 6-8S brushless setup.

BW

N

Why go electric at all?
I agree with the maintenance of the petrol, and even the Maverick Vader purchase.

Another suggestion if I may?

You mentioned you have a 6 year old .... who had a brief blast of the 5ive?
Why not keep the Maverick petrol as well and give that to your son .... train him up in the cheapo over the next year, and then have races with him, petrol driven next year?

Just a thought!!

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks