feul/petrol ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just woundering ive had some fuel in a en-closed bottle for some time know. Does it go bad or can i still use it?

lp40_Fg

If its mixed with 2 stroke it can start to deteriorate after approx 6wks apparently. Ive used some older than that before now & it seemed ok just make sure you give it a good shake up before you use it. Freshly mixed is obviously better tho.

If its mixed with 2 stroke it can start to deteriorate after approx 6wks apparently. Ive used some older than that before now & it seemed ok just make sure you give it a good shake up before you use it. Freshly mixed is obviously better tho.

+1 :) I think i should be alright then as i aint mixed any 2-stroke in it.

A neighbour helped me out by lending me his chain saw to do a bit of work in my frnont garden. He put some fuel in it and could not get it going. He uses it fairly frequently in his job. I told him ot empty the tank while I lent him dsome of my fuel, two pulls and it started. He recond the fuel he had was not old.

Worst case make sure you shake the can well to mix the fuel and 2 stroke oil as over time the two seperate.

if the bottle doesn't breath it should be fine, but if its got a pressure release or anything like that the fuel can pick up moisture from the air and the first thing to drop will be octane, so if in doubt throw it out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks