FG 2 speed shiftpoint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zouz10

So i installed the FG 2 speed yesterday, and what a difference. That thing is pretty sweet. I noticed on the direction that you can adjust the shiftpoint by turning in/out the setscrew. In is late and out is early. The question is how much do i need to turn, is it really sensitive or should i put it in allot?
I'm all about trial and error, however, it looks like a pain in the A$$ to take apart and re-assemble every time, just to reach the setscrew.

Thanks,

Chris

2 speed gear settings

The best way i set my 2speed up is have the grub screw slack so you are engaged in 2nd gear straight away, then tweek the grub inwards till you notice it has increase in acceleration, some times its hard to notice if your only skipping from a 46 too 44 or 42 too 40 . what i use is a 48x16 1st ,44x20 second and you can actually here the gear change, I know its a ball ache but it all depends on were your driving, on road you will get a positive result, off road your wheels will be spinning so it will be a bit harder to judge, so i think best way of setting up your 2 speed is on road, then at least you know when second gear guna kick in at the the right revs.

it's not that hard, just have to loosen on bolt on the outside and slide the parts forward. when my 2 speed stopped shifting after a gear change I was adjusting it a lot.

the shift point changes too when changing spurs because the point is set by the layshaft's rpm.

2 speed gear settings

I think you have miss understood, the thread is about engaging into 2 nd gear not the position of the set up.. although it does help..

Thanks guys.

Trojan, it is for my FG on-road car. When i was running it the first time, it shifted almost right away. After i put the grub screw in 2 turns, it shifted a little later. I think i will put it in a little ways more.
As for hearing it shift, it's pretty smooth for now. I am expecting as time goes on it will loosen up and make more of a shifting noise...

I'll let you know in about 2 hours what the next results are.

Chris

2 speed gear settings

it's all trail n error, engine size , wheels, pipe, you will have to jiggle about to suit your car, your can't have set settings if you have a 30cc block and a jet pro pipe, you have to accommodate your power accordingly ..

Alright, this thing is finicky for sure, but fun no less. I got it about where i want it, but it took a few hours. That's why i love this hobby. Like you said trial and error.

I just painted the body as well, i can't wait to get all the decals...

Chris

Ya Duck I like that. And I don't think I missed the point. We are all talking adjusting for the shift point. If I was still babbling about his shocks, then senility would certainly be setting in ;)

Ya Duck I like that. And I don't think I missed the point. We are all talking adjusting for the shift point. If I was still babbling about his shocks, then senility would certainly be setting in ;)

LMAO.... Barry, you're too young to be senile!!!! ;)

Chris

Alright, this thing is finicky for sure, but fun no less. I got it about where i want it, but it took a few hours. That's why i love this hobby. Like you said trial and error.

I just painted the body as well, i can't wait to get all the decals...

Chris

Maybe I'll send you my Lauterbacher Mega cross so you can set my 2 speed.
That way you can have more fun, and we'll all be happy.:)

Lauterbauker? :celebrate::party-time:

Can I keep it?? Please Please Please!!!!

I drilled the hole in the gear yesterday for easier adjustment as was recommended by ducky.

It is great!! No need to take the whole schpeel off every time.

Chris

Lauterbauker? :celebrate::party-time:

Can I keep it?? Please Please Please!!!!

I drilled the hole in the gear yesterday for easier adjustment as was recommended by ducky.

It is great!! No need to take the whole schpeel off every time.

Chris

Well, there goes that idea.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks