FG 4wd front suspension questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

Doing a little window shopping for my FG sportsline. Noticed there's very little in the way of metal upgrades for the 530 wheelbase, but there's plenty for the 510 wheelbase. Why? Looked at the dimensions a little closer. The 510 is 405mm in total width, while the 530 is 392mm total width according to rc car online. Is this the only reason why the 510 metal suspension upgrade parts listed as only for the 510? I'd like to put these parts on my 530 chassis. Is there any other reason why these parts won't work for my car, other than what I've pointed out? In short. Would these parts just make my car 13mm wider? Is this the only reason the manufacturer only suggests these parts for the shorter chassis?

If anyone knows, please let me know.
Thanks

Emailed hobbythek. May they don't understand the question. I just wanna upgrade the a-arms and wondering why the 510mm chassis upgrades won't work.

Have you tried emailing ddm? They respond lightening fast and have contacted fg for me in the past. That is also another option, have you tried reaching out to t2m/fg?

Well after talking to hobbythek, I guess there's just no way to do it. Apparently you need longer driveshafts, and the turning radius is shortend without major mods.

Find a local machnest who would be willing to make you some drive shafts the right lenght. If you are going to be racing that FG you need to get rid of that flexible plastic front end.

I don't plan on racing, but would like to take some of the flex out of the suspension. Runs great as it is, but it can always be better.

Also asked about using 510 chassis driveshafts in combination with 510 suspension arms. Was told it would take away some of the turning radius and would require still some modding

Who told you that?? Does he race FG cars??You know RCBud sometimes you just don't know until you try it out!! I don't remember how many times I was told I could not get something to work and I kept fiddling with it until it did work.

Don't know if he races but was told by a rep from hobbythek. I can't account that he has or hasn't tried it. He says he has and I'm inclined to believe him. If I were to try myself with out prior knowledge than it would be an expensive gamble

Saving up for the servos and paint for the body. Here's the car I want to have metal arms for.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 15
MYRCBUD, you know you are going to be racing find a local machinest who is willing to do a small run of parts. Get some copies made of those suspension arms just in case you break one those look great!! They should give your car better suspension geometry.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks