FG adapters to run HPI Paddles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI: Pro-Lines new conversion for the 5B to a truck includes front rims that are offset to increase track width on the from of the 5B. This may help us that want to run HPI tires etc to increase our track width as well, and we could run them on all 4 corners.

I seen an article in the new Car Action, where it mentioned the offset front wheels (Badlands bead-lock wheels) of the PL conversion. If i find out more or if anyone else does please post it. I think the wheels and tire choices are becoming more available for the 5B platform and with the adapters us non 5B drivers can capitalize.

Attachments

• sc0027f5db.jpg
    sc0027f5db.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 24
they not badlands, check out the tread...like super swamper tread and an inch bigger in diameter:cool2: I just ordered a set of ramtech adapters for my fg from DDM to run the paddles but I'll be down for a set of the prolines when they come out.

I know they are not badlands tires, I was referring to the rim, but I was wrong, the rims are "Outlaw Bead-loc" Wheels, not "badlands beadlock" as I stated earlier. The tires are called BFT. The Rims are the same size as the Rear on the HPI Buggy, and the tires are a little bigger than stock HPI buggy tires.

sorry thought you meant the tires, good to see more tire options becoming available.
I think a set of these will look killer on my FGbaja, wonder how they'll hold up compared to the HPI rubber , which as we all know aren't the most durable tire out there

I picked up a set of the ramtech adapters so i can run paddles...very nicely made and fit perfect..it's a shame they weren't a bit longer though so I'm stacking a 9mm square behind them to widen the track more...just have to grind the flat spots a bit longer on the axles with a dremel for the grub screws. It shouldn't put any extra load on the bearings cos the wheel to upright offset with the 9mm extension is then the same as the fgbaja wheel

Mooman, you got some pics of the adapters mounted and the tires too? Is there and overall increase in front and rear trackwidth with the Ramtech adapters?

Ok I just measured with a tape the track width is with just the adapters 9mm a side less so overall 18mm, with the 9mm square your back to the same track as using the standard 14mm square.

sorry picture is crap but you can just make out the difference, the fg wheel is mounted on a 17mm square (what i usually use front and rear) so imagine 3mm less on that side. Paddle side is with just the ramtech adapter
dsc00030sr4.jpg

and 9mm square spacer
dsc00031ds4.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks