FG and MCD tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinman13

Are FG and MCD monster truck tires interechangable? Everyone seems to be out of stock for MCD tires and am thinking of getting some FG tires if they fit, thanks

I bought alloy wheels from JA Racing for my FG MT that are near identical to the original plastic FG MT wheels in appearance, measured up, searched the internet and convinced myself the opposite, that MCD tyres would fit onto FG MT wheels - they do. That's what I run on my FG MT.

Reverse logic says YES to your question, FG MT tyres should fit onto MCD wheels.

The reason I chose the MCD tyres is that I was tired of the total lack of grip of the FG tyres, and reasoned the wider footprint of the MCD ones should give more grip, which it does, 'though not by too much !!

Does this help answer your question?

Al.

Last edited:
As Atom mentioned the FG and MCD tires will interchange. The FG tires last forever, but offer nearly zero grip until you get them warm. So if you are running around on a cold surface, these tires will spin and spin! Plus the older they get, the harder the rubber compound becomes.

There are alternative tires on Ebay for the FG MT. Or maybe a set of FG to Baja adapters and then you could run Baja tires... That opens up to about 20 different tires, cheaper too!

Lee, technical at 06:15? That's when I get up mate, and tune into Discovery Channel before the lad gets moving !! :D:D

As Trip says there are options.
Hobbythek are very competitive in Europe on prices and do list the soft option, but I was tired (no pun intended !!) of instant donuts.

See next photo - this is what I did to my original FG MT tyres :lol::lol::lol::lol:
NO problems with grip with these - Kold Kutters from Dave's !!!

I was doing wheelies on ICE !!!!!

Al.

Last edited:
thanks guys, I am looking into some Baja adapters, as soon as they come in stock at largescalerc.com. I have some proline trenchers that i want to try on it. Im still undecided on a monster truck tire. MCD tires are pretty expensive, aside from that it seems everywhere i look is out of stock. New year i suppose, and everything will come out for the new V4.

There are the Redcat adapters and MT tires too.

Redcat adapters sounds good. Do you know where i can get some? I live in Canada on the border of the USA. I've been getting most of my parts from Largescalerc.com and I'm pretty sure then don't have any. I will order over seas if I have too.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks