FG Baja 4wd Competition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highwaystar

Here is a shot of my newly acquired Competition Baja 4wd. It is running a Dark Soul 26cc. The throttle and brakes are controlled by 2 5645 Hitec with 2 5745 handling the steering. The wheels are 5t fronts with Pro Line Trenchers with Dark Soul beadlocks and wheel nuts, they are held in place using RamTech adapters.

I love the way this thing handles. I have had a few chances to give it a bashing, and it is one very tough car. Although it is mainly going to see track use this summer, I couldn't resist the urge to rip on it a little.

DSCN0243-1.jpg

that looks awesome mate. Love the look of the 5T wheels on it! I was worried about the raised diameter being too much for the clutch so if it works well for you I might have to get some :D

That is the Hottest fg Baja i have ever seen....... how did u get those rims on a fg.................

Thanks for the kind words guys!

It is using Ramtech adapters. I had it out in the snow yesterday and they were awesome. Having the ability to run HPI tires opens a lot of options for the race season this year.

Those RamTech adapters were developed by Ron (formerly USA Baja) one of the owners of this forum... (correct me if I'm wrong)

Here was the test mule for those adapters...

Now it looks like this...

Attachments

• MT5.jpg
    MT5.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 10
  • NewCamera596.jpg
    NewCamera596.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
they mount to the axel....

Yes, they mount the same way the stock square blocks mount. I am pretty sure that there is another company that makes them. Maybe Ams? If I can find the others I am going to pick up a set.

And yes, Ramtech is owned by Rob Mecula.

I wish they were just a bit wider though. I have a very slight tire rub.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks