Fg baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all just got a new 30.5cc reed obr engine. Hopefully it will b nice 2morrow so I can take out and run it in :D has any1 else got 1 of these engines?? If so how good r they

that fg baja looks the business, looks great with those wheels and shell.
I haven't ran mine for about a year but had it out today to change the layshaft gear.looking forward to running it in the near future..

All this runnin in the new engine is doing my head in... Can't seem to tune it either how many tanks do u ave to do till u can let rip lol

All this runnin in the new engine is doing my head in... Can't seem to tune it either how many tanks do u ave to do till u can let rip lol

Load of bollix Dave all this running in lark,you don't have to run these engines in.I never have and had no problems with them whatsoever.
I have a few vids on yootoob and you can see what they go like.
J

Really poop now u say that I'm gonna have it c wot it goes like..... I'm just fine ing it hard to start the car coz no choke 990 carb has any1 got any tips on starting wiv that carb??? Think it may need new spark plug too

That's a sign of low speed jet being set to lean turn it out or use prime bulb to flood it just before starting some people put plastic bag around air filter to choke it . Hope that helps

Really poop now u say that I'm gonna have it c wot it goes like..... I'm just fine ing it hard to start the car coz no choke 990 carb has any1 got any tips on starting wiv that carb??? Think it may need new spark plug too

I have only ever primed one 6-7 times and it fires.You could try covering the air filter with a trow away cup so it sucks fuel in and then give it a few tugs.If its not firing straight away there is an issue with air leaks,plug,carb setting.
Tell us how you get on.
J;)

got the same carb on my 29cc oddie lump and had exactly the same trouble starting mine was taking the filter off and choking it with my thump that was until mike1970 gave me some advice on how I should be starting it and I must admit since then its been so simple

first prime it 3-4 pumps on carb bubble then hold it on full throttle and pull it over a few times once it fires give it no throttle and pull it again should start up

now this is where I went wrong with the carb setting forget everything about stock settings they didn't work for me,,the low screw on mine is set under just 1 turn and the high is about 1 1/4 I think but to be honest that one don't really matter to get it running as thats for anything over 1/3 or 1/2 throttle the low does all the work upto then mine will not start any richer than the 1 turn on the low and I was worried about it being to lean but the high needle takes over once its up to 1/3 or 1/2 throttle as long as this ones not to lean you should be ok ive not touched either needle since then and its spot on once warmed up

Cheers peeps I will try it again tomorrow was thinking of makin a plate on the air fillter stack so will b a choke

Hey Dave,I have a box filter with an inbuilt choke if your interested.They are the standard on the older models I think? but they worked great for me when I de-choked my carbs.
J;)

Here it is with choke visible.I have used these an a few occasions and are spot on plus the engine breathes the way it should.Tell me what you think?
J;)

Attachments

• PICT0267.jpg
    PICT0267.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 10
  • PICT0268.jpg
    PICT0268.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 10
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks