FG Beetle Help Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your pictures and your reply.

I am more than happy for th post to stay, as I am new to the forum, I didn't want my wrist slapping on my 1st project

No wrist slapping in here, unless you do something REALLY stupid! With all the stupid poop I have done, I've never been in trouble! :lol:

This is a cool place to BS with others, a lot more laid back than some of the others.

Nice looking Marder/Beetle... Do you have any vids of that great machine?

What are the pipe straps made of?

No wrist slapping in here, unless you do something REALLY stupid! With all the stupid poop I have done, I've never been in trouble! :lol:

Well you can get booted for kicking the arse out of a thread and then making other identities to keep your thread going :clown::clown::clown: Hmmmmmm.
J.

Last edited:
Exhaust Fixing

The exhaust bracket is a piece of 1mm thick aluminum bolted to the main drive housing.

The exhaust has some heat shield wrapped around it and the bracket only acts as a support, it does not clamp tightly to the exhaust.

I trust that makes sense, even I am confused now.

Perhaps I should have taken a picture. LOL

Thanks for your pictures and your reply.

I am more than happy for th post to stay, as I am new to the forum, I didn't want my wrist slapping on my 1st project

Well you can get booted for kicking the arse out of a thread and then making other identities to keep your thread going :clown::clown::clown: Hmmmmmm.
J.

:lol: Gee, I wonder who you could be talking about?!? :lol: I was thinking the same thing when I was writing that! :lol:

The exhaust bracket is a piece of 1mm thick aluminum bolted to the main drive housing.

The exhaust has some heat shield wrapped around it and the bracket only acts as a support, it does not clamp tightly to the exhaust.

I trust that makes sense, even I am confused now.

Perhaps I should have taken a picture. LOL

Makes sence too me, I was just worried the strap would cut into the pipe, But I see you have some wrapping to protect things..

Here is what i meant about the support bracket.It will take the fulcrum from the end of the pipe.
J.
VooDoo, how many times do we have to tell you, stop using your pipe as a hammer!!! :lol:
That is one beat up pipe! Reminds me of an old baseball bat I used to hit rocks with!:lol:

Makes sence too me, I was just worried the strap would cut into the pipe, But I see you have some wrapping to protect things..

VooDoo, how many times do we have to tell you, stop using your pipe as a hammer!!! :lol:
That is one beat up pipe! Reminds me of an old baseball bat I used to hit rocks with!:lol:

I know buddy,I'll have to nip down to the DIY store and get me a hammer!:blush: Well cosmetically it looks poop but it does the job (note to myself....look after your toys!):clown:

Oh,re-paint done on my new(old) marder,I'll put a few pics up.
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks