FG Diff pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidewayzbaja

Well took the diff out today out of my Fg sport . I been having a little issue with it . So I am posting some pics to see if everything is right in place. I need a little help.

Attachments

• Fg 001.jpg
    Fg 001.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Fg 013.jpg
    Fg 013.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Fg 016.jpg
    Fg 016.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Fg 024.jpg
    Fg 024.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Fg 022.jpg
    Fg 022.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 46
that would be how a diff is supposed to work. you cant lock one of these diffs right up, when one tire slightly unloads it causes it to "diff out", spinning the one tire. in an onroad car you don't want the diff very stiff, the motors have enough power that if the diff it too tight it will break both tires loose and when you get on the throttle out of a corner the car will just spin out.

yup you should see how loose I run the semi dif. I started with 50k in it and stuff leaked out. I topped it up with 30k this time and when I can hear gear noise from all the fluid having leaked out, I'll probably just fill it with grease next time

yup you should see how loose I run the semi dif. I started with 50k in it and stuff leaked out. I topped it up with 30k this time and when I can hear gear noise from all the fluid having leaked out, I'll probably just fill it with grease next time

you are supposed to use ONLY grease, not Silicon oil with these diffs!!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks