fg f1 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both. I personally think the F1 drives a little nicer. However I don't ever get to drive it, nor spent much time driving it compared to my sportline or semi. I think in person it looks the coolest.

You can tell the difference big time from the chassis. Have a look at some pics on the net and you will be able to spot it right away. Plus other things like it's not belt driven in the newer models therefore the entire back end is a little different. I believe the stock brake setup is 4 wheel disk brakes for the comp and just the front and layshaft for the standard F1. I am no expert on them but that's the basic stuff to look for.

Its a f1 Sportline with front hydro all electronics just needs a radio asking 700. I think I'm going to get it. I have always wanted one for a long time know just couldn't afford it. I was wondering is it able to be upgraded to the newer non belt version?

use the brake fluid specified for those brakes. don't intermix fluids, some brake systems use dot 5 fluid, some use mineral oil based fluid. putting fg fluid in my lauterbacher brakes was a disaster. make sure you know what brand the brakes are and get the fluid from that supplier.

for a servo, i run a pair of hitec 7985s. really it depends on the brakes though, i found a 625 to bee to little for mine, however a 625 is plenty on the mecatech setup.

use the brake fluid specified for those brakes. don't intermix fluids, some brake systems use dot 5 fluid, some use mineral oil based fluid. putting fg fluid in my lauterbacher brakes was a disaster. make sure you know what brand the brakes are and get the fluid from that supplier.

for a servo, i run a pair of hitec 7985s. really it depends on the brakes though, i found a 625 to bee to little for mine, however a 625 is plenty on the mecatech setup.

i was considering a hitec 985 as far as fluid i'm buying the car used so i hive no idea what fluid is in it.

be careful on what fluid your buying from a bicycle shop. everyone told me all bikes use mineral oil, my hayes brakes on my bike use dot 5. this is why i say get the stuff for the brakes. its expensive if you put the wrong fluid in and then have to buy all new seals.

don't expect to find much for the f1 at ddm, or anywhere in north america. fgsupply.com will be your best bet. i myself order all my fg stuff from rc-car-online.de. being in canada ive pretty much got to order internationally anyways, and i find it easier to get stuff straight from germany than getting it from the states. for me, shipping cost isnt even all that different, and i find i get my stuff way quicker. of coarse you may have a different experience being in the states.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks