fg generator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

destroyer

I am just new into the FG monster trucks.
It seems the engines are great but the problem I have found is in keeping the charge in the battery to both run the steering thortle servos for the amount of time you run the engine.
Is there away to connect up a 6 volt generator and reguluter to charge the batteries when the truck is runnning.
I have been looking into building one and wondering if any FG truck owners would have any ideas?
I am thinking useing a belt drive much like the old cars of the 1960s
You attach a pully on the drive gear and use a belt to the generator.
Thankyou and I would hope to here from people who might have any ideas.

Yeah, some guys have tried it. There are generators on some gas RC helicopters. But I don't see the need. A good LiPo will last for 6 tanks of gas before needing recharging. And they only take an hour or two to recharge. Heck, I can barely run my RCs for 4 tanks of gas before I break something on it, LOL. So there's really no need to have a constant power source, like a generator. In my opinion. Plus it will add extra drag to the engine, extra weight, and more parts to fail.

ive got a 5000mah nimh receiver pack in my fg onroad. i generally run it 2-3 tanks in an outing and when i recharge it it takes around 1500-1800mah. i just don't see the need for a charging system

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks