FG leopard vs other

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARIO-CROATIA

I think about buy new buggy. I thinking about new FG leopard, elcon cleon mmx, horman tk11 and new harm bx3. I read here and on the other pages about fg leopard an I think Fg made very good car. My question is has anybody here had one more than one of this car so he can tell me maybe which is better and yours personal opinions.

I have the Leopard 2 and I think it's a brilliant car - with a couple of minor issues. The exhaust is crap - see the photos below. There is a mod coming out for the car so you can just have a layshaft brake on the rar - far better than rear brakes on the hub for off roaders. There is a longer chassis coming out after feedback from team drivers and a selection of springs.

The new HARM goes very well although the shocks are a problem
The MMX 2011 version of the MMX has a lot of changes from the previous MMX
The New Hormann tk11 is a new car to me, the older ones went very well but hormann change the cars too much so people are always buying new parts - maybe it's a good thing for buisness.

Don't forget the Contrast - the 2010 European championship car.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=11868
https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=11847

I agree about all the cars mentioned. Out of all the cars I've had the Elcon performed the best for me, easy to work on and great to build which explains why I have a few. :lol::lol:

I heard that elcon is probably the best but problem is there is not spare parts in Croatia. New Harm BX3 11 I think has biger schocks.
Hormann tk11 has many new parts i heard.

Which is that changes on new elcon mmx?

Mike did you drive your leopard when was one of that other cars also on the track?
Can you change the angle of rear wheels that they are more or less angled(sorry I don't know how to say it better) in horizontal way

The HARM shocks are still quite small compaired to the other manufacturers.

I've had a shake down with the new Leopard but it was very wet so I didn't push the car too much.
The toe in on the leopard is adjustable - sort of. The arms are set at 2 degrees but you have shims to make it more, I'm running with 4 degrees at the moment which seems fine.

The MMX has lots of new drive train parts but to be honest I didn't look at the car too close because I was working on mine. I looks a very good car though.

My choice would be FG, HARM, then Contrast.

Last edited:
The only "troublemaker" is Harm. The shocks and the front wishbone are weak. The other cars are all three very competitive.
If you want an alternative, look at the spanish Contrast. it won the EC.
Personally I'd choose the FG. But of course I have always driven FG, so I am not objective.

http://www.modelconcept.fr/?tag=nouveaute-mcf is another car you could look at. There are only a few that I know of and tbh they don't seem too keep to sell this car as I've sent 5 or more emails in english and french and had no replies.

The HARM is a good car and my mate who beats the crap out of his cars when He's racing hasn't had any problems and always finishes his races.
I think the favourite cars at the moment are the Contrast and Elcon with spares being very available from the manufacturers or dealers across the world. I favour FG because I've been waiting 8 years or more for a full blown comp car and even though it's not had a lot of racing yet, I can tell it will work.

mike i ran mine properly last week and the new fg leopard jumps and handles very well only thing i was not happy about was the abs side guard had a tussle with a mcd and had a bit of damage at the rear and found out that they only sell these in pairs at a rrp of just over £50 you would think they would sell each side seprately but luckily i have managed to fix it without buying a new pair of sides lol

and also remember the new ferox which is now available in both 4wd and 2wd but id have still went for my fg leopard anyday

I'm looking at getting some side guards made, i'll let you know how I get on.

Whats a ferox?? it sounds like something you'd catch off an old slapper.

mike i ran mine properly last week and the new fg leopard jumps and handles very well only thing i was not happy about was the abs side guard had a tussle with a mcd and had a bit of damage at the rear and found out that they only sell these in pairs at a rrp of just over £50 you would think they would sell each side seprately but luckily i have managed to fix it without buying a new pair of sides lol

I'm having some side guards made from the same stuff they make the wings from (HDPE poly prop instead of ABS), I'll let you know how much they are.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks