FG leopard vs other

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mike a heads up the conversion for a layshaft brake is on its way from fg to do away with the hydros at the wheels looking at the pic you will need to use one of the calipers which means you would carry a spare which is a good thing

fglay.jpg

mike a heads up the conversion for a layshaft brake is on its way from fg to do away with the hydros at the wheels looking at the pic you will need to use one of the calipers which means you would carry a spare which is a good thing

fglay.jpg

Requested months ago by many, mine is already on order - Dave has his and it looks good.

I was just going to write something similar.
I've hydros on the front, and after several hours' blasting around, the truck was still slowing / stopping, but not as quickly.

When I checked the dydro reservoir, it was EMPTY!! Oooppssss!!!

Fortunately, I've kept the alloy mechnical layshaft brake, which was stopping the truck without too much problem, so I reckon I'll keep mine this way.

Great looking brake that hydro layshaft, but requires people more-motivated than I am in the maintenance side!!! :D:D:D

Al.

I used to be very anal about my touring car, it was stripped and cleaned after each meeting and THB I'd clean it and check everything after the saturday practice. I don't bash and don't have much spare time for club meetings but this car has been raced at 2 meetings, stripped & rebuilt twice and all the bearings were changes, swivel pin holes reamed out, everything de-scuzzed after the first meeting because it pissed down.

Hi All, I run a Harm BX-3 in the UK BRCA Nationals, i've had the car since October and I am very happy with it!

I have not bent any arms or anything like that, mainly just consumables that I've used, the car is certainly reliable and fast!

There are a few small mods that I've done, and I've swapped the shocks out for elcon ones.

Still experimenting with set ups a little but I went fairly well at Round 1 Nationals this year, qualified 5th overall and finished 7th in the A final.

No doubt I will bump into mike in a field in cornwall this weekend as its round 2 :w00t:

Hi All, I run a Harm BX-3 in the UK BRCA Nationals, i've had the car since October and I am very happy with it!

I have not bent any arms or anything like that, mainly just consumables that I've used, the car is certainly reliable and fast!

There are a few small mods that I've done, and I've swapped the shocks out for elcon ones.

Still experimenting with set ups a little but I went fairly well at Round 1 Nationals this year, qualified 5th overall and finished 7th in the A final.

No doubt I will bump into mike in a field in cornwall this weekend as its round 2 :w00t:

You did indeed Mat, and yet again it pissed it down lol. The HARM went very well as did the FG considering they were the only one of each make in the final (the rest were contrast and Hormann), Mat getting a well deserved 3rd and mine in 7th (from 10th on the grid). The meeting was great other than the weather and the total lack of grip. The track was tight and twisty with a seires of well made jumps so what it lacked in grip it made up for in a massive requirement of skill to get it round.

Last edited:
And what about FG leopard sportline 2wd 2010 vs HPI baja ?
Who will win on this track ? (the pilots have the same driving skills)

Last edited by a moderator:
hello mate.

i have an elcon cleon 08/09 model and i have an elcon mmx.
i also have an mcd v4 version2 and an fg leopard and i can say without any hesitation the elcon,s are the best ive ever driven.

but thats just my verdict.

everyone has ther own personal favorite.
jon

hi, ive a hormann tk0809, elcon shocks, it handles real well and is very reliable and strong, but from watching and looking at them, the fg and mmx look solid and handle great.I personally think the new leo looks amazing .
im sure the new mmx is being released soon?
these guys(above) are always at race meetings mixing it up with the other models that have been mentioned,so i guess they re the best to answer your questions but i don't think you can go wrong with the leo 2, ht3 and mmx.id be happy to own any of them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks