FG Marder Clone issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary50

hi all sorry if im in the wrong department but hopefully someone can help

right my bro has bought a marder clone which has the crapest layshaft brake setup ive seen so we decided to change it over to an fg marder setup, anyway with me thinking all the engines are the same (23cc cy engine) i changed the gear plate and large engine mount and the layshaft is on the p**s,see picture

5916d3f7-orig.gif

this is it with the origanal gearplate and mount on

94c17a9e-orig.gif

for it to all line up it seems the fg gear plate needs to move back approx1.5mm
do i need to change the clutch housing?

we hav run it with the layshaft on the p**s but it destroyed the layshaft gear
he does have a fg chassis on the way that why we changed the mount as the clone has a oval washer set up on the bottom of the chassis

sorry if i don't make much sense but im sure you will get the jist of it

any help would be appreciated

just so we're on the same page, have you fitted the FG gear plate, engine mount and clutch housing? if not, try that and see how you get on. Make sure the spacer bushes are the correct length.

just so we're on the same page, have you fitted the FG gear plate, engine mount and clutch housing? if not, try that and see how you get on. Make sure the spacer bushes are the correct length.

ye mate i think its the clutch housing thats at fault ive checked it against my marder and MT and there isnt any recess milled out of it, the black area that ive marked

e6148d2b-orig.gif

thanks anyway fella

The problem I have with this sort of thing is that I haven't used that sort of assembly for years as it's all been the quick release stuff so i'm a bit rusty. The housing looks like what you'd get on a sports line FG, i seem to recall the marder one was more rounded like a bowl where it bolts to the engine.

The problem I have with this sort of thing is that I haven't used that sort of assembly for years as it's all been the quick release stuff so i'm a bit rusty. The housing looks like what you'd get on a sports line FG, i seem to recall the marder one was more rounded like a bowl where it bolts to the engine.

i don't suppose you have one for sale

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks