fg marder not very fast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary50

hi thanks for the reciver advice finally got it sorted but now a new problem,

my marder isnt that fast, and at top end it seems to bog down a bit (sort of like hitting a limiter) i know its not a standard carb on it as theres no choke lever (an i have the origianal )but it does have a standard exhaust. what can i do to make it go like s**t off a shovel, because as it stands ive ownd electric cars that would destroy my marder. if anyone can tell me what make the carb could be that would be great.
thanks gary

You say your running with a standard pipe, well thats your first problem mate, you need something like a Samba or Jetpro to unleash the beast, the standard box pipe will strangle the life out of it at full throttle, you can also try to adjust the high needle (the left 1, turn it clockwise to make leaner and anti to make richer) slightly and see if makes a change.

The carb model no is stamped on the casing under the throttle arm.
Sounds like it just needs a tune up - even with a std exhaust it shouldnt be bogging. If its bogging in the transition from low to high revs the 'H' needle is probably too lean so will need turning clockwise to add more fuel to the mixture (1/16th increments so you don't miss the sweet spot).

Having said that I would recommend starting from the factory settings again and tweaking it from there. Wind both needles in clockwise til they stop (use a light touch here!) then open (anti-clockwise) the 'L' needle 1-1/4 turns and the 'H' needle 1-3/8 turns. This will get you started and with a stock can it wont be far out. Let the engine warm up and give it a run to see how it performs. If it needs adjustment use the 1/16th increments and if you find performance gets worse you are going in the wrong direction!! Follow this tuning guide for more detailed advise :D
https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761

The carb model no is stamped on the casing under the throttle arm.
Sounds like it just needs a tune up - even with a std exhaust it shouldnt be bogging. If its bogging in the transition from low to high revs the 'H' needle is probably too lean so will need turning clockwise to add more fuel to the mixture (1/16th increments so you don't miss the sweet spot).

Having said that I would recommend starting from the factory settings again and tweaking it from there. Wind both needles in clockwise til they stop (use a light touch here!) then open (anti-clockwise) the 'L' needle 1-1/4 turns and the 'H' needle 1-3/8 turns. This will get you started and with a stock can it wont be far out. Let the engine warm up and give it a run to see how it performs. If it needs adjustment use the 1/16th increments and if you find performance gets worse you are going in the wrong direction!! Follow this tuning guide for more detailed advise :D
https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761

ok thanks the carb has wa213 a stamped on it is this a good carb or a base model carb

I have had the GPS on my FG with standatd pipe and two different tuned pipes, and the car always topped out at 40mph on the dot. So if you can't get anywhere near this speed I suggest that you check your gearing ad retune the engine. lots of advice on the forum about how to reset it to factory and tune it.

aside, what a pipe does is give you more power (and some do it better than others at the top speed or in slow speed etc). The only way a pipe can make any serious difference is if it adds power at the top end and you change your gearing to give it longer legs.

my advice is try and see what speed it hits top end, that way you can see how far out you are.

as a bare minimum id go a 668 carby and a tuned pipe, id recomend the VRC pipe, best all round performance.

i am also getting around 40 mph from marder with standard carb and jetpro v2 ehaust.think im going to change my gearing when i get a bit more power from 29 cc bb kit that will be fitted this weekend.will let you know how it goes, not sure how much better the bb kit will go, just think it will be better once i change the gearing.is it really that hard to get 50mph outta these things lol, p s. since i got my jetpro unsilenced zaust it seems to have a mat power band from medium revs to top revs, don't think its made it faster, just faster to get there, thats why as someone suggested, sort a taller gear ratio.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks