fg marder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imran Hussain

hi
i am new to rc petrol cars and i need your help please. recently purchased a used fg marder from this guy who showed me the marder running and everything and told me not to mess with the carb settings as it was tuned, he is a rc car enthusiast. anyway got it home and ran it a few times and it was fine that was until the fuel ran out which was still in tank from previous owner. i got some fuel and mixed the fuel 25:1 but because it was dark i think i must have put more oil than what i should have, i also cleaned the air filter with water and engine degreaser and sprayed with k&n oil filter oil. now it bogs on accelaration and my conclusion is too much oil/i didnt dry the air filter properly/not using the proper cleaner which is causing the problem. any help or advice would be appreciated.
thanks

Have you changed the carburettor settings?

If NO, then I would go with your hunches.
First, dry the filter properly, then lightly oil it. Try it now.
(If you have a dust free area where you can fire up, just for a few seconds, NOT driving around, but with the wheels raised, you can fire it up without filter. NEVER routinely do this. This is just a quick test.)

If the dried, lightly oiled filter doesn't do it, then check your plug. Clean it up if needs be, replace and try.

If the oil addition was not small - you might have 15:1, not 25:1 for example, then dispose of the fuel. If you're not certain, it's not worth messing with and doesn't cost THAT much. Better getting it right.

Al.

Went out to start my rig switched everything on including choke.couple of pulls and it kicked it. Put the choke off started with one pull idled for 10 secs and died, now it won't start.
I thought petrol was easy. Plug is good as it sparks but was covered in soot so cleaned it up and looks ok. Something else i did after purchase was tighten the 2 bolts on the exhaust that attach to the engine. It had 5mm gap but now its nice n snug. Any advice will be appreciated. I have not touched the carb needles as the previous owner said it was tuned and he did show it me working a1. The only things ive done is cleaned air filter and lightly oiled it using k&n cleaner and oil. Put fresh fuel 25:1 mix and tightened the exhaust bolts as they were very very loose.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks