FG MB Pro body mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csp1971

Could someone that owns the Monster Beetle Pro please post some good pics of their MB without the shell on it?

I'm thinking of mounting an MB Pro body on my Firehammer MT and want to take a look at how the body is mounted on the MB Pro.

These are all the parts I need to get: Parts

Is there a site that gives the dimensions of this body as well? I want to be certain the body doesn't look too short like the FHMT body does.

Thanks,
csp

That would look good mate. I have an FGMT shell on my Hammer and the fit is great. They are a longer shell than the Hammer shells and are much stronger also.

Clubin - thanks for posting that, that beetle is sweet!

Bigboys - I'll be getting this soon I think, I'm happy to hear that it should line up just fine. Stronger is good!

I went ahead and ordered Firehammer wing and the wing mount. Mounted on the FHMT perfectly.

I ordered the Monster Beetle body today and 2 pairs of the extended body mounts. I can't wait! I think the FG Monster Beetle is nicest body made right now. Hopefully I get it mounted correctly and I am able to paint it nice!

I went ahead and ordered Firehammer wing and the wing mount. Mounted on the FHMT perfectly.

I ordered the Monster Beetle body today and 2 pairs of the extended body mounts. I can't wait! I think the FG Monster Beetle is nicest body made right now. Hopefully I get it mounted correctly and I am able to paint it nice!

Can you link me to the extended mounts? I am wanting the mb body too.

Glad you're back Indy:

I had to get the mounts here because DDM was out:

http://www.innovativehobby.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1531

I bought two of the mounts (whether I'll need all 4 of them is beyond me at this point, I just ordered them).

I also bought the following for the wing:

Rollcage (I only used the wing mounts, so I have some leftovers!)

Also: Wing

I ordered the body from Daves:

Beetle Body

I hope I'm able to figure out a location for the mounts, that or I'll have to rig something to work. The body is just too cool. Don't forget, if you order from Davesmotors, LSF code will get you 5% off and any order over 100 is free shipping!

I am awaiting your shipment to arrive so you can tell me if it fits. When do you expect it?
The rear body mounts look like they will be to far back on the fhmt. What do you think?

I am awaiting your shipment to arrive so you can tell me if it fits. When do you expect it?
The rear body mounts look like they will be to far back on the fhmt. What do you think?

I pulled off the rear body mounts and put on the wing mounts for the Firehammer, so now a wing is mounted on there (just like the Firehammer). The cool thing is, I tested the HPI Baja wing on there and that thing fits as well.

I'll have to figure out a way to get the body mounts on there, shouldn't be too bad though....

Shipment is supposed to arrive on Wednesday.

I was going to suggest you wait until I got mine because no use two people standing there with a useless body kit!

I mounted a FG Monster Beetle body on my Firehammer MT, it does fit and I think it looks great. Unfortunately I no longer have it mounted on the Firehammer, so I can’t take pictures of how I had it mounted. I can tell you I used a front body mount from the Firehammer MT on the rear of the roll cage and it matched up perfectly with the pre-drilled mounting holes in the Beetle body. I could have used the stock front body mounts on the Firehammer, but I would have had to drill new mounting holes and I didn’t want to do that. In order to use the existing holes in the Monster Beetle body I had to position new mounts in the front also. If your bodies come with no pre-drilled mounting holes or it you don’t mind making another set of mounting holes then you should be able to use the Firehammer’s stock front body mounts. Sorry I couldn’t have been more help guys. I wish I had taken some pictures of my Firehammer with the body off so I could have shown you how I had it mounted. Good luck you will like the end results.

View attachment 1273View attachment 1274View attachment 1275

Last edited:
I mounted a FG Monster Beetle body on my Firehammer MT, it does fit and I think it looks great. Unfortunately I no longer have it mounted on the Firehammer, so I can’t take pictures of how I had it mounted. I can tell you I used a front body mount from the Firehammer MT on the rear of the roll cage and it matched up perfectly with the pre-drilled mounting holes in the Beetle body. I could have used the stock front body mounts on the Firehammer, but I would have had to drill new mounting holes and I didn’t want to do that. In order to use the existing holes in the Monster Beetle body I had to position new mounts in the front also. If your bodies come with no pre-drilled mounting holes or it you don’t mind making another set of mounting holes then you should be able to use the Firehammer’s stock front body mounts. Sorry I couldn’t have been more help guys. I wish I had taken some pictures of my Firehammer with the body off so I could have shown you how I had it mounted. Good luck you will like the end results.

View attachment 1273View attachment 1274View attachment 1275

Dude, that looks AWESOME!!!!! That helps, I'm glad someone else has done this! :cool2:

Here are some pics of my mounted wing.

^^^Congrats, sometimes I wake up in the morning and just move my wish list to checkout, my mind is clearer in the morning, later I think about the 5oo+ I spent and think WHAT WAS I THINKING. LOL Post lots of pictures when you are done.

I am going to try mount a MB body on my MCD MT, when I get all the parts to do the conversion.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks