FG Mercedes race truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete379

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Heres a couple pics of my new FG Mercedes truck. I've been having computer problems so it's taken awhile to get pictures downloaded. The truck is all stock for right now but I can't believe how fast this thing is right out of the box. I have been wanting one of these trucks for a couple of years and can't believe I finally got one. I would like to get a tuned pipe for it, been looking at the Samba pipes and I think I might go that route, until then I'm happy with it just the way it is.

Attachments

• IMG00192.jpg
    IMG00192.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG00193.jpg
    IMG00193.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 36
I still can't believe how well these things handle, I don't know what my problem is lately, I've been bitten by the on road bug... first I bought the MCD rally a couple of months ago and now this Fg race truck. The only problem I'm having is locating parts... I know theres the normal places like Largescale and Fg supply but I'm talking about hop ups. I've been looking at Hobbyhthek's web site and wow...do they have everything or what. Good thing I don't live next door to them or I would be broke and divorced.

Very nice mate :)
Thank you sir, I haven't stopped drooling over it yet.

I get most of my bling stuff from ebay uk or the forums. front brake kit is about the best upgrade though
You know, I did lie to you, I did buy the front brake kit when I bought the truck just haven't installed it yet, sorry forgot about it. I will have to check out ebay uk and see what thats all about, never know what you might find.

That's a super cool truck, No doubt you searched hard for it :laugh:. I'm sure the hop-ups will come. It's only a matter of time. Looks great though, time for fun this summer. You need an off-roader to enjoy in June though :cup-3:

Just messing with ya' :white-flag:

Bob, you know better than to tell me I need another car in plain sight where my wife can read this, are you trying to get me in trouble? Just kidding!! Don't worry though, the thought has crossed my mind.

cool anouther nice rig!
Thank you, this thing is crazy fun.

awesome looking truck, makes me want one. what does it look like underneath the shell? Just a FG onroad chassis? what does it brake like stock?
It looks just like a regular onroad setup underneath the body, has far as how it brakes, if you get it setup right you can get this thing squealing the tires just the the real thing. Its amazing how this thing responds in all areas ( accelerateing,streering,braking), and its only the sportline version, makes me what to try the Evo version.

I've managed to pick up 2 comp chassis' now off ebay uk for under $100. the first one was on a race truck amd had a funky rear bumper too. The front brake makes a world of difference in stopping. I have more front bias so it doesn't spin out as easy.

am considering converting my on road car to a truck too. if these new tires don't help it's getting converted hehe

Heres a couple pics of her topless!!

Attachments

• IMG00196.jpg
    IMG00196.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG00197.jpg
    IMG00197.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 46
thanks for the pics pete, was going to ask if its the layshaft braking system but pics have told me that.
You are welcome, hopefully those pics will answer any questions you might have.

I've managed to pick up 2 comp chassis' now off ebay uk for under $100. the first one was on a race truck amd had a funky rear bumper too. The front brake makes a world of difference in stopping. I have more front bias so it doesn't spin out as easy.

am considering converting my on road car to a truck too. if these new tires don't help it's getting converted hehe
Hey Pipe, when you say on road car are you talking about your Nuetech on road?

I need to get my front brakes hooked up, hopefully next few weeks I can get that done.

That would be cool, 2 race trucks, when I bought mine the guy made me a good deal on the Cat truck body so I went ahead and bought it. Someday I would like to possibly get another truck so I guess I got a head start with the body, not to mention I'm interested in the Audi A4 and Mercedes touring cars.... it's neverending.

ain't that the truth. just checked my tracking and my new tires will be here tomorrow. I got the softest grp tire made for the back. if that doesn't give me traction with the new springs then something is wrong... still waiting for my chassis from the UK. sometimes shipping to and from the UK can be really slow (was shipped on the 12th)

You'll have to keep us posted on how your new tires work out, curious to know. What kind of tires are you running on your race truck, stock or something different?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks