Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

FG Monster truck tires

Discussion in 'FG Monster Truck / Beetle' started by fotis, May 4, 2017.

1. fotis

fotis New Member

Hello
    I have an fg monster truck 4wd wb 535 that came from the factory with soft tires all around.
    FG produces 2 more compounds medium and hard.
    Which compound would you suggest medium or hard? I'm just bashing for fun on almost all type of terrain.
    I have in mind a set of tires that last long time but to have some grip also...

Thanks

2. atom3624

atom3624 Well-Known Member

I fitted the MCD tyres on mine - much 'squarer'.
    FG tyres are fine.
    If you're concerned about wear, then possibly go 'medium'.
    Grip can become an issue, but you do have 4WD. Might be better not to consider hard.

Al.

3. fotis

fotis New Member

So you think not to try hard.?..maybe ill choose medium

4. atom3624

atom3624 Well-Known Member

I've a 2WD - characteristics are very different, but I was always having traction problems.
    Hard will bite well in soft dirt / gravel, perhaps, but ... don't know to be honest.

My thoughts are to stay softer. They last quite a long time anyway, so wearing out shouldn't be much of an issue, 'though I don't run that often.
    Those MCD tyres I would rate Medium and I've had them for years, running perhaps 5 - 10 hours per year, as work, weather, family permits.

Al.

5. spike.1965

spike.1965 Active Member

I bought a new FG Monster 2wd a few years ago. Medium tyres were on the back and hard on the front. I have kept it like this, if you have too much wheel spin try changing your gear ratio's. If you have 2 hard and 2 medium you can always swop around depending on what type ground you running on.