FG MT side plates for the Firehammer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millrod96

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the FG alloy side plates (pictured below) fit a Firehammer MT?

Thanks for your help.

Matt

Attachments

• 12005.04.jpg
    12005.04.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 22
Top end pipe rocks! Sometimes I kinda wish I had bought the low-end though. The low end is a bit better since I have gotten a 17 tooth pinion. I also need to put the 8k clutch spring in someday, so that should give me some more bottom end.

I'm looking for one of those springs at the moment. I have been told it gives a huge improvement to the bottom end.

That's what I was planning to do....just change the spring to the high rpm and leave the shoes as is.....Can't find a HPI 8K spring anywhere though!

That's what I was planning to do....just change the spring to the high rpm and leave the shoes as is.....Can't find a HPI 8K spring anywhere though!

I know powerslide's out according to his site, you could try sending kris at daniels pitstop an email, I can't find them on his site - thats probably good tho, as he has heaps thats not on his site yet which means you have a good chance. Or try giving Hstore down south a call, I'm not sure if they have any or not but they will be at the kurnell event so you could get them to order it and bring it down if you haven't got one by then. If you wanna pay thru the nose rchobbies usually has them.

Last edited:
I put in my 8k spring and shoes in yesterday but Im having an engagement problem. I might have to use my old shoes and 8k spring?

Mike what engine do you have? Most of the clutches are all 54mm from what I understand. As far as the engagement goes, it'll rev HARD before it moves and when it moves it will surge forward, not like a stock spring with a nice and progressive take off - these springs launch. You can get it to ease on a bit with some throttle control. I didn't like it in my MCD with stock 26cc zen and jetpro, the engine was a dog for the car and it was too jerky to drive around slowly but I'm about to throw it in my baja with same engine but reed ported and overhauled with zero drag seals and a dominator :2guns: .

I have the 26cc cy. The shoes are too thin, I bought my clutch shoes from tower in the 5b parts list. Thinking it would work. I got a 5b ss coming so Ill save them for that. It revs WAY hard before it engages and then wont stay engaged. Sorry for hijacking thread.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks