FG MT tire flat spot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allanach

Hi Guys,

Just got a MT and have not driven it yet however, when I got it out of the box I noticed the tires have flat spots on the bottom from sitting in the packaging.

The rears are the worst and I was wondering if I should drill small holes inside the rims to allow air to get in?

Is this normal??

Where they preglued to the rim? If they where then they may have not used foams in the inside which will do that to the tires. There is no foul with running it that way just make sure to always set the truck on a stand and the flat spots will never develop. Anything can be used as a stand. I use an old baby wipe container wrapped in cloth.:blush:

Attachments

• DSC03216.jpg
    DSC03216.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 30
Flat spots are ok, when you take it out for a drive, the flat spots will go away.

But like "Bigger the Better" said, store the truck off the ground.

But think about it, at 40mph flat spots get spun away!!!

Trip..

Remember, softer tires go on the rear, hard tires go on the front, until you get a pipe, then you will need the opposite! (when you get a pipe you'll know why too)

Post us some pics...

Last edited:
Flat spots are ok, when you take it out for a drive, the flat spots will go away.

But like "Bigger the Better" said, store the truck off the ground.

But think about it, at 40mph flat spots get spun away!!!

Trip..

Remember, softer tires go on the rear, hard tires go on the front, until you get a pipe, then you will need the opposite! (when you get a pipe you'll know why too)

Post us some pics...

Thanks for the info, picks are on this thread: https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9973#post9973

Are you saying that the hard tires will need to go to the rear once the pipe is fitted??? is this because of the weight or to make the tires last longer?

OK Guys, what I did was use a hair drier on the tyres, that got rid of the flat spots however, when the tyre cooled down they appeared again.

I tried driving the truck.... still no good.

I filled the sink with hot water, threw the wheel in and the flat spots went again BUT, I squeezed the tire and noticed the air could not excape as no bubbles came to the surface.

Here is what I did:
Get a paper clip and unfold a section of it,then heat it up on a flame and melt a small hole in the rim on the back side.
I thought about drilling a 1.5 - 2mm hole but thought it would be hard to get the angle on the drill as the drill bit would simply slip of the mark.

Problem solved & I have round wheels.

i know this is an old thread but my fg mt had flat spots on the tyres when i got it out of the box, after driving it the flat spots whent away and i always store my rc cars and trucks with the wheels of the ground on a stand, i have noticed the flat spots come back if i let the truck sit on the ground for long periods of time, but once its driven they go away.

my baja,s came with flat spots on the tryes also but once driven and once they where stored with the wheels off the ground problem fix

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks