FG pipe problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked

Hey guys.

So when I got my new fg baja 4x4 I had a fg tuned pipe lying around so i thought I would use that however, the stupid will not stay sealed.

I used new clamps, sealant, got the 2 ends right together, and after 10 minutes of running I either have a tear in the tubing, or the pipe moves and breaks the seal and starts to leak.

Yesterday I swapped it for a dom that I had on my mt but can't stand the noise from it, so I would really like to get the fg pipe back on.

Engine seems to be tuned perfect and temps are good.

I also prefer the look of the mielke pipe.

if94.jpg

7qwx.jpg

Last edited:
Funny!
I'm having an identical problem using an FG6291 on my FG MT!
I've got high temp reinforced petrol/oil resistant silicone tubing which still blows.
I'm finding that the clamp tightening is critical - too tight and it ovals the pipe, too slack and it leaks!
I've straightened out again and have ordered broader 'super strength' hose clamps, and also an FG 6299 from DDM as standby.

I had a Dom as well - same thoughts - great pipe but TOO LOUD!!

Al.

I think its an absolutely horrible design were the pipes meet. If they installed like most other pipes were the header inserts into the pipe and then you have the spring and tubing to seal it up and keep it together it would be a great pipe. But this set up is just ridicules. You are relying on the tubing and clamps to do everything.

That's why I've gone the 'obvious' option and have ordered a 6299.
I've also rounded the pipe again - perhaps the heat cycles weaken the alloy? - and have ordered a couple of broader 'heavy duty' hose clamps.
The DDM Dom I had was brilliant, except for one thing - I have neighbours!!
I sold mine for only that reason - it fitted perfectly and fired without problem.
Al.

Just fitted my FG-6299 pipe.
Tried it out - seems faster.
Must be the design and lack of leaks.
Bottom end is the same but there's more top end.
Noise is still 'cultured smooth and not loud' but with a slightly harsher 'edge' to it.
So far, so good.
Definitely recommend it.
Problem is getting the 3 springs on!!
2 of them went flying at least once! Found them again and all is well.
Al.

Noise is still 'cultured smooth and not loud' but with a slightly harsher 'edge' to it.
So far, so good.
Definitely recommend it.
Al.

I've just bought a silenced DOM for my HPI 5T...not started it yet though.
I had a spring problem like that,I tied the springs onto a wheel with fishing twine,If they went walkies they didn't go far!
J

Last edited:
So far, so good.
Definitely recommend it.
Al.

Can you post some pix. I looked on ddm but ot doesn't show much.

Check out Hobbythek / rc-online.de
Type in Hobbythek and it'll be found - they're as big as DDM!!

Once onto the site, click on the 'Union flag' as everyone calls it now, and it'll be in English.
Search '6299' and you'll get the pipe option - they've loads of photos.
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks