FG Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayron

Hello Kind of new to posting on forums, but thought I would see what you all think about this project. I have had a FG Sportlline and Teknokit many years ago Really enjoyed them and always wanted to get a another 5th scale. They mostly sat on the shelf in my man cave, anyway Picked up a big box of Parts some FG some clone stuff from monster truck and buggy for 75$ almost three complete cars and in really good condition, anyway I went through and separated what I think would work to convert to onraod 4WD then gave away the rest of it. Got the 4WD 530mm chassie and a few other things inn a few weeks ago form DDM, plane on ordering the front end parts and longer belt ect. this week from DDM, the front end parts I have would work but they are slightly different from onroad parts. All the diffs gears were totally chewed up one good one out of the six, so I didn't keep the gears but I wish I had because my buddy locked his front diff and his car runs really well he recommended I do the same, but I tossed out all the gears except for one bevel and one gear diff, So if any one has one bevel and gear diff that are broken send them my way. I don't race or anything like that car is just to run every blue moon and sit in man cave. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
about to place order this weekend with DDM should cover all that's needed minus wheel's and body. Really thinking about running it 2wd, trying to make up my mind also trying to bring myself to pay 60$ for a fuel tank when the two I have like in the pic are brand new.

Last edited:
Getting close

Any progress?
Need to figure out what muffler to go with, not looking for power not going to be racing so would rater have it quiet. would like to go with GRP tires but cant find them state side, I had a lot of tires but let them go when I sold my last Car. so im stuck with plenty of rims but no tires, Would like to get the Mielke 6001 Audi A4 BTCC 2011 Body but not sure I want to have it shipped from Europe.

Last edited:
Looks like you're almost ready for test runs. How much will this project cost you all said and done? That must have been a huge bin of parts for $75.

close

Looks like you're almost ready for test runs. How much will this project cost you all said and done? That must have been a huge bin of parts for $75.
The body will be the bulk of the cost should get away with everything for 350$ when all is done.

Very impressive. I'm toying with the idea of building a touring car too.

Puts me off that there's no one around the MidWest running 5th scale on road.

Still may do it though.

Regards
BM

Need to figure out what muffler to go with, not looking for power not going to be racing so would rater have it quiet. would like to go with GRP tires but cant find them state side, I had a lot of tires but let them go when I sold my last Car. so im stuck with plenty of rims but no tires, Would like to get the Mielke 6001 Audi A4 BTCC 2011 Body but not sure I want to have it shipped from Europe.

you can get the tire's from grp with shipping it's about 34.00$ a pair. I live in cali & it only takes 4 day's to get them. remember to change the currency to us dollar & you pay the lower price with out vat.http://www.grpgandini.it/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=101&Itemid=6&lang=en

Another score

Well got a great deal again, my buddy called and said he had another 5th scale so went down and got this for 40$ think its the HK big monster 4x4 fg clone.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks