FG Sportline mono shock front

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

55mog

Looking at buying a FG Sportline with the single shock set up in the front,from what I can find they were produced in 95 96 and 97. Any sugestions? Can parts be found ? Thanks:lol:

You best option would be to email FG direct or even rc-car online/hobbytek.

I have to ask the question - Why are you going for this car in particular?

I know of one for sale,600.00 without body. don't see many up for sale here in the states so options are limited at times.

$600 for such an old car with no body? Have you looked into spares availabilty and thought why they don't make the single shock option anymore?

Thats why I need feedback from other owners. Right now my options are a new sportline which is about 1400.00 in the states or find a used one,not racing just bashing around with others that are running newer spotlines ,feel an older one would be fine for my purpose as long as I can get parts for it. Thanks

I think you'd be far better off with a newer used one because parts will be more available, not only from suppliers but also your buddies you bash round with. Have you considered a marder on truck slicks or touring car wheels? or a race truck like pipeous (Barry) runs?

Have a HPI baja and thought about on road tires but want car built for road. May wait and see what comes on ebay. I do like this car though.

my biggest concern with a car of that age is that its going to be well worn. if parts are an issue you can change the front end over to the newer sportsline stuff, however thats a significant addition to the cost of an older car. one other thing is im going to take a stab and guess its got a solo engine in it. the solo engines were good, however they are long gone and parts are getting hard to find, not to mention expensive.

myself, i think the price is too high. figuring that the car is 12-15 years old, has no body (a body will be $250-300), without seeing it id say maybe $350-400 is what its worth. between a body and fixing up whatever else needs replacing id say you will end up with $400-500 into it on top of the purchase price. with that in mind, your not far off a new sportsline.

I haven't described the car well,it is missing the body but does come with a zenoah 23cc motor ,disc brakes on the front,1/4 scale servo on throttle and 1/4 on brake,5 cell receiver battery,6tires (4 rear, diff. compound) 2 front and a pipe that is supposed to be for more top end . As for a body I have a Porsche body on my HARM ep-1(has blown motor/speed control) that should fit well.the car was set up for racing years ago but described as being tight and not worn out. seen pictures and it looks pretty clean.My biggest concern is parts but I also don't want to pay too much for what it is. Thanks for the input on the car.

sports line

well i just picked up a sports line last night in a trade deal its rtr Porsche white body new paint 23 zen front disc multiplex jumbo servo (throtel/brake are cheaper JR servos . overall good condition i may look to be selling , just got it but not many places to run it around here and i don't know anyone with one lol here are soem pictures from my photobuckett. Iam located in ontario canada near TORONTO (its real big and shipping may be a killer)

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/deerjamie/utf-8BSU1BRzEwMTQuanBn.jpg

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/deerjamie/utf-8BSU1BRzEwMTUuanBn.jpg

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/deerjamie/utf-8BSU1BRzEwMjEuanBn.jpg

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/deerjamie/utf-8BSU1BRzEwMjMuanBn.jpg

About 5 days ago would have been great(paid for this one on Mon.) Would still like to know what you would want for it. Thanks.

sportsline

hmm not sure yet only have had it 3 days lol and growing attached to it. Iam re painting the body and installing new front bumper and wing this week sometime. been searching the net to find the color scheem and stickers i want , but if i sell i may leave that up to the new owner, but dono if i can hold off lol. NOt 100% sure of its value but ied think some wear around the 600$ mark ????

your car is a little older, you can tell by the front upper control arms and the shocks. also, your car appears to be a short wheelbase, something common with the porsche cars. measure the wheelbase. if you decide to sell it that is an important thing to know because someone may be willing to pay more for a short wheelbase as they arent as common.

thanks for the input:D. i have been watching vids all day on teh fg onraod and man if there wernt 6" of snow all over ied be out tonight. Think i may hang onto it until at least the spring so i ccan see if onroad is for me. all my rc's are off road , but i find myself driving up and down the street more then the track , so maybe onroad is more suitable. I just installed a cy 29cc stroker, bored , billet head, stuffed crank , on my marder and also mounted stadium tires on it with stock gearing and its insane, almost to fast if that possible :rolleyes:

onroad is a lot of fun. i have both on and off road toys but i prefer onroad. its more technical and takes more skill to drive. one thing with a touring car is the tires are a lot narrower than offroad stuff with street tires, it takes more throttle control to put the power down.

I have a feeling if you drive that porsche you will be hooked on onroad,I run an HPI baja and I had my HARM EP-1 onroad running a short while, have a blast with both of them. My FG is scheduled for delivery on the 18th so I will know how a gas onroad is.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks