FG Sportsline 4WD & Carson C5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

Looking into purchasing a FG Sportsline 4WD in about a month. Was wondering what to look out for in terms of whats the first thing to fail or others experiences positive and negative. Also the same applies To a Carson C5 further on down the road. Are they good cars? My interest in the C5 is there cheaper and the longer wheel base allows for more body options. The FG will be my first onroad so I lack experience with the on road part but not in large scale. Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.:w00t:

FG Sportsline has 2 versions, middle wheelbase od 510mm, and long/standard wheelbase of 530mm, so with longer you have same body choice as for carson c5, which is a decent car, but in the end you'll be upgrading to fg parts as they are just better.

Hey myrcbud,

I had the same decision not so long ago. I was torn between going for the `relatively` cheap C5 or the FG. In the end, i did neither lol. I bought a used FG, which is a good option if you don't mind s/h. For the same price as a C5, i got an old version of the FG Competition line. Although its slightly out of date, (10yrs) its still pretty much the same as a modern Sportsline, but with alloy bits. Plus, as its s/h, you often get extras such as spare wheels etc.
Its worth considering, as Stegy said, you will only end up upgrading to FG parts anyway.
These engines are a little tougher than Nitros too, so where you might be a little wary in buying a S/H Nitro, these are ok for the most part.
Hope this helps.:D

dozza28, Thanks for the input. Not sure what you meant by nitro. I think I only have one nitro left lol. I'm mainly into gas now. I have somewhere around 9 gasoline race boats and about 4 large scale gasoline off roads. In short I'm mainly into gasoline power. I've thought about getting a used FG onroad, but I've been cautious lately about spending money on used stuff. The last time I did, I ended up buying someone else problems instead. Not to say I'll never buy a used vehicle again, I'm just real cautious about it.

dozza28, Thanks for the input. Not sure what you meant by nitro. I think I only have one nitro left lol. I'm mainly into gas now. I have somewhere around 9 gasoline race boats and about 4 large scale gasoline off roads. In short I'm mainly into gasoline power. I've thought about getting a used FG onroad, but I've been cautious lately about spending money on used stuff. The last time I did, I ended up buying someone else problems instead. Not to say I'll never buy a used vehicle again, I'm just real cautious about it.

haha yes i did mean the nitro style engines. I totally get where you are coming from. And i`d be lying if i said i haven`t had some minor niggles, but to be fair, that is because the car is so old and had not been used in a while. The only real issue i had was a worn clutch and a gasket needed replacing on the carb. About £30 in total, and given the spec on the car with all the alloy, the LSD and cable brakes all round, i`m pretty chuffed.
You can grab some real S/H bargains off ebay for example. The other thing to consider as i once saw probably on this forum, is if you don`t like it or get bored for any reason, you wont loose so much money on it moving it on. :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks