fg sportsline speed build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david pessall

ok so I figured I would start this but pics will be time before I post them more of a tease I suppose lol
but heres a break down of wats goin on I started with a fg sportsline 4wd got rid of the motor n esc and the chassis and the tires i am using the following parts

custom carbon fiber chassis modified to hold my battery packs
custom top plate n radio tray carbon fiber to fit my 4 ko propo servos will be running a rx battery with becs for each servo
ko propo rsx2 30108 n 30109 servos
mecatec brakes front n rear
custom gears that I'm having made that will be heat and cryo teated
a custom alien power system 450a 16s esc
a custom tuned cordova research motor 2245
will be running either 12s or 16s when going for actual records
custom brp tire adaptors
brp tires
tiring to find someone to make a body that I'm looking for for better air flow
also in process in making a rear diffuser for the car and also an adjustable rear wing to control the air flow better for the down force I'm gonna need

goal at first is to break 100mph after that turn it up n burn tires off ultimate goal is to break the 150s

thanks if any comments or questions feel free to ask

Last edited:
]
tiring to find someone to make a body that I'm looking for for better air flow
also in process in making a rear diffuser for the car and also an adjustable rear wing to control the air flow better for the down force I'm gonna need

goal at first is to break 100mph after that turn it up n burn tires off ultimate goal is to break the 150s

thanks if any comments or questions feel free to ask

David,

For 1/5 bodies with better air flow, you might consider look into the LeMans style bodies,
Ruis,
536655_400161303378037_978466353_n.jpg

Rivall,
1150596_512280685527686_1539695595_o.jpg

ok so got some more parts ordered today gonna be running team fasteddy bearings great guy to work with and reasonably priced as well have used them on all my large scale builds make sure u guys check him out but back to the body issue I have had no luck getting in contacted with the guys that make the lemans style bodys yet so its looking like I might have to get them custom made which is not really wat I'm really trying to do

David,

The only way I know is Facebook, both sellers are on there. I sent a message to Rivall about three days ago; unfortunately, I have not received a response.
so only down fall I'm gonna see wit these bodys is the shock tower like in the video not really wanting to cut a hole in the bod to clear it I might have to make my own sadly but do u have ruis facebook info

so only down fall I'm gonna see wit these bodys is the shock tower like in the video not really wanting to cut a hole in the bod to clear it I might have to make my own sadly but do u have ruis facebook info

If you are concerned about having to cut out an area for the front shock tower, then another body which might work of your high speed build could be the FG Mercedes C291 body set. Below is an example

1351970d1456985467-lets-see-your-1-5th-scale-pics-c291.jpg

ill keep my eye open for them but this thing is gonna be nasty wen I am done I had done a test hit with the stock bmw body n I got a speed of 97.34mph so I think I am on the right the track to break some record breaking speeds which is wat my ultimate goal is

feeling excited that I did my homework n everything is working right

ill keep my eye open for them but this thing is gonna be nasty wen I am done I had done a test hit with the stock bmw body n I got a speed of 97.34mph so I think I am on the right the track to break some record breaking speeds which is wat my ultimate goal is

feeling excited that I did my homework n everything is working right

Any luck with finding a body shell?

I have a few bodies that are similar to the Ruis body posted above. I have a Lola Spider and the Mercedes C291. As matter of fact, the picture that Vadn1 posted is of my car / workshop. . The downside of the C291 is that it's a made for the 420mm wide body FGs and will not mount on a normal 400mm wide sportsline without some serious modification.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 10
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks