FG Stadium To FG Monster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neverhappy

Here is my 2007 model stadium upgraded with over 500.00 in alloy parts. Changed from the stadium to a Monster. Let me know how everyone likes it.

Haven't got a chance to run it yet.

Stadium when I first brought it in the Summer.

100_0320.jpg

Here's the Monster with a few homemade upgrades. Hope everyone likes it. Needs a new body.

100_0577.jpg
100_0576.jpg

I made mounts in the rear so I can use the stadium body.
Thanks for looking
Jeff

Looks great Jeff. I am happy to see it come back together for you. I know this stuff some times takes a while, but once its there you will be very happy running it. Let us know how you like it!

Thanks,
Alex

Thanks guys, I have bigger plans for it. But cash flow has been a factor. I'm also looking at the FG Competition 4X4. With the quality that I've seen with this truck I'm going to try that one too. By the time I'm able to get one they will have another design out.

Here's a few more pics of the transformation:

IMG00283.jpg

IMG00286.jpg
IMG00291.jpg
IMG00294.jpg
IMG00295.jpg
IMG00307.jpg
100_0569.jpg
100_0575.jpg
100_0579.jpg

Here's a list of the parts installed:
1. New FG bearing kit-
2. Alloy Large mount
3. Alloy Small mount-
4. Alloy Gear carrier plate
5. 14 tooth gearwheel
6. 18 tooth gearwheel**-Changed mind Going back to stock 16. Have it.
7. 07497 upgraded brake with steel rotor.
8. Added 8483/05 alloy diff
9. Adding 48 steel gearwheel with alloy gear carrier
10. Competition layshaft.
11. Monster wheels and tires (2) to finish.
12. Homemade side shields-Red in color.
13. Rear mounts for stadium body mounting
14. Fg screw kit
15. New front body mounting posts
I think this is it. But just won a auction for alloy side mounts. Have a fg black pipe on right now but looking into getting a jetpro v2,alloy radio servo tray,New body painted by myself.

Also this is my first 1/5 scale truck. It was brought used this summer. And I just have to tell you I love this Hobby.

Enjoy the pictures: And please give me comments on the Truck!!

To be honest with you I like the looks of the stadium truck body with the monster tires. You did a really good job transforming it. You'll have to take it for a spin and see how you like it, theres know doubt about it, shes going to handle a little different now.

To be honest with you I like the looks of the stadium truck body with the monster tires. You did a really good job transforming it. You'll have to take it for a spin and see how you like it, theres know doubt about it, shes going to handle a little different now.

Agree with that. It will not be as stable as the Stadium. The Center of gravity is higher, and the tiers are beiger and heavier.
Take it for a spin. And tell us how you like it.

Can't take it out to run it we have 20" of snow plus I'm out of work with a back injury that keeps me from picking up this monster. Barely could stand long enough to work on it. 1/2 hour at a time. :(

I also like the looks of the stadium body just don't like all the bed cut out. Plus i'm going to try my hand at airbrushing it myself. The blue paint just doesn't go with the red theme I have started.

Just picked up a alloy servo tray from [AK] Zip. Have you guys watched the flex that the stock one has??:eek:mg:

Jeff

Yup, the standard tray flexes quite badly with high powered servos, one of the first upgrades worth doing is the alloy tray. :)

i went the other way , i brought a MT and changed it to a ST then i changed that to a beetle [beetle shells are very strong ] handles great too ... as the MT and ST wheens don't offer a heap of grip on the grass or dirt .

i went the other way , i brought a MT and changed it to a ST then i changed that to a beetle [beetle shells are very strong ] handles great too ... as the MT and ST wheens don't offer a heap of grip on the grass or dirt .

jasrx, I've seen vids of your running with baja wheels and tires and the two speed doing wheels. Ilove the paint jobs you did also. Please post up the beetle pics.

Thanks

thanks ,
heres nothing facny with this paint job [ just chrome paint aa little blue and some stickers]
newshell2.jpg

newshell.jpg

newshell3.jpg

my other shell i went with a redback spider theme with a dash of candy apple pick coming through ..

I have to say jasrx's beetle is one of the nicest and cleanest I've seen! :)

Like the MT conversion, I've thought about going to an ST from my MT, but now I've pretty much sorted how it handles I'll leave it be.

I have to say jasrx's beetle is one of the nicest and cleanest I've seen! :)

Like the MT conversion, I've thought about going to an ST from my MT, but now I've pretty much sorted how it handles I'll leave it be.

thanks ducky .
heres some pics with the lid off , as for alloy parts. most of the alloy is FG i have a little elcon and a little of DPS [ a guy in AUS who makes alloy parts ]

alloy_front_2.jpg

alloy_arms3.jpg

i need to take new pics as i keep changing things on it ...

nice beetle jazrx but if it was mine i could do with out the writings on the body but thats my only fault, just my opinion.

what kind of wheels are they and what kind of engine have you in her?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks