fg touring car airfilter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garethw1986

hi my airfilter on my zenoha engine is filthy can it be cleaned as its made of foam. can you buy a replacment? its the standard air box thats fitted, also are k@n filters worth goin for? and are the f1 style filters worth the money? thanks:D

yeah they can be cleaned i just use hot soapy water on mine and rinse till its clean then dry and reoil useing filter oil ive got the f1 air filter on my on road project but not used it as of yet as the project at the mo is a pile of bits but they are not cheap but do look good

yes we all clean them mate. and best to clean after a decent days bashing to avoid the filter becoming too dirty and sucking it into the engine.

If you use proper air filter oil soapy water is a struggle to get it all off, I use kerosene which is cheap and works excellent.

make sure you re-oil your air filter before running again, wont last 10 mins without oil on it.

Don't forget the fundamental thing with K&N filters is that the mesh is coarser, albeit very tough, and this also permits some fine dust to pass through which may not pass through foam filters.

I run a K&N (style?) filter on my MT. I also have fitted a TGN (Team GoNads) prefilter over it which helps if there's a risk of dusty stuff.
Al.

I admit I had a k&n on the semi for some time but the filter is up and behind the body, sticking out the top, so not much dirt could get in... still I turfed it out. Now I run an HPI baja filter. Lots of air gets in those big things.

Back