FG Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryten

My FG Truck

I was wondering if any other wheel/tyre combo's fit the trucks,do F1 wheels/tyres work on them?
I've wanted one of these for a while,and picked one up this week :) (touring car is being sold to fund it) I don't need tyres straight away,just wondered for reference.

Pics are in post 8

Last edited:
F1 tyres do fit straigh on but if you're buying them, make sure they're recent as old rubber doesn't work.

GRP F1 tyres are the most popular, you also have Roadies and PMT.

The FG truck tyres are also very good in the right compound but expensive new.

mate your getting shot of your carson wow but i would get rid for a fg truck i think there great and as mike says the f1 wheels do fit and i think they look better than the truck wheels with more and better tyre choice get up some pics once you get it

Thanks for the info :) Always wanted the truck,but the Carson TC came along at the right time,wasn't expecting to get a truck this soon.
Just patiently waiting for the parcel farce driver to bring it now.

Got any FG stickers Mike?

kryten that looks good mate i do love the trucks and the fact they sit a little higher is a bonus as the chassis not allways hitting the deck at 40+mph like the touring cars do,,and the cat truck shell is the best looking truck body

Thanks fellas,i would have had any shape shell had one come up at the right money,but really wanted this shell as it's my favourite. So i was really happy when this came up.
I originally spotted it for a mate,thinking the price would have gone higher than it did,but he didn't want to spend that much money but ended up buying one twice the price of mine in the end lol

Hopefully i'll get to run it sunday,and my mate should get his monday. Will try to get some vid :)
Also glad i never fitted the FG brake parts i bought for the carson now too,i have spares! :)

I have the truck all setup for tomorrows run :)
The only thing is i'm using all 3 channels on the radio gear,as i've got 3rd ch for front brakes. What killswitch is best to use as it's going to have to work from signal loss(turning tx off) rather than a seperate channel switch.

I have the truck all setup for tomorrows run :)
The only thing is i'm using all 3 channels on the radio gear,as i've got 3rd ch for front brakes. What killswitch is best to use as it's going to have to work from signal loss(turning tx off) rather than a seperate channel switch.

You might want to consider Killer RC's Super Bee kill switch. I installed one in a FG F1, three months back, so far so good.

looking good mate sounds quick on full throttle be much better on a dry surface and once the tyres are nice and warm first 5-10 mins with my on road its the same just spins up but once the tyres get warm it just hooks up ive not used mine on any damp days yet love it

Towards the end of the run, the tyres had grip even on the damp surface. I was quite surprised just how well the slicks worked.
On a dry day I think they will work really well, I have my eye on a set of f1 wets too. :)
I was also surprised at just how quick the 23 is.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks