FG Wheel Squres with Pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackobyte

Can anyone tell me the best place to buy a set of FG wheel squares with pins.

Took the MT out for a quick bash today and lets just say it got a bit messy.
Cleaned it down when i got home and noticed my rear wheel inners have started to round off so looking for some pins before a trash the squares altogether.

Cheers E :)

Heya, I might not be very helpful but...what size hubs you after?

I bought a set of steel 17mm ones # 8407/02
or theres 14mm #8407/01

theres also alloy ones 11.5mm #6106/07

various diff sizes etc (obvious i guess :blush:)

I bought mine from hobbystores (which now don't seem to have them!) so i'd guess people would recommend hobbythek?

Never used them before but i can't see many other places doing them..

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/cg...=fg_8407_02&file=&gesamt_zeilen=0Tsuche--8407

Hope todays bash wasn't messy due to another post you've put up :clown:

Hope this helps (a bit maybe!)

James

Cheers guys, i've forgotten to check the size to be honest, will check in the morning.
Was thinkin of just getting the pins but the post is still the same for the pins and the squares together so prob buy the lot.

As to the pin's for the fg wheel square...there 3mm thick..or dia...not sure as to the
length.....you can drill reg Fg squares for use of pin's......Slawhammer

The squares i've got slaw are already drilled bud, for the cost of new pins or pins and squares is alot cheaper than the cost of new MT wheels if i round um off all together.

cut your own pins. 10th scale axle pins, get the dremmel out. some hardened finishing nails would work too, cut the end off old dull drill bits. lots of things.. old shock shafts?

man I haven't bought a pin for anything since owning a dremmel lol. I always keep broken shock shafts from different scales in a bin. it's an old cupboard drawer. nicknamed the bin o plenty. it takes some digging but can usually find something I need when all else fails. washers, screws, metal bits...

you need what are called groverloc pins or also known as roll pins

these are made out of spring steel....size 3mmx16mm...bought from

your local engineer supplies

or even better a couple of these:clown::clown:

wheelcastle001.jpg

wheelcastle003.jpg

wheelcastle005.jpg

Nice find Trebor, think i'll try the less expensive option first.
With the weather the way it is at the mo i'm going to drill the pin holes in the rims over the festive season.

E

another option might even be to use the shock mounting screws for the lower part going into the arm. you could drill and tap the hole and thread them in with loktite. I fix my 2 speed like that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks