FHMT - First Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on the contact page of the Smartech home page there is a U.S. distributor. The website is really poor though.

You bought a top end pipe for your truck?

My truck needs a ton of help on the bottom end, once you get passed the terrible low end it stretches out really well.

i have a hammer and a smartech version of the hammer...every part that i have broke on the smartech i replaced it with firhammer parts.....it's way cheaper and easier to get parts for the hammer..just a suggestion...my smartech has a 26cc with a jetpro and it wheelies with ease..i agree it's a fun truck.

all the duratrax parts are out of stock or unavailable as well. i guess ill just throw it in the closet till next year when the hobby shops cant get rid of all there firehammer parts and are begging people to buy them.

the plastic lower shock ends, a different gear combo 19/48 does work for me probably impossible to get, a clear plastic body. basically a readily available supply of parts, i would like to know that if i tare something up its not gonna take a year to get parts that i need to fix the thing. Right now i don't even wanna drive the thing cause i don't wanna be stuck waiting for parts.

i hear ya about the waiting for parts..i had a monster buggy awhile back and traxxas is the only place you can get parts.3-4 week lead time for part(sold it )..my lhs just ordered me a new diff metal gear today they say it's in stock and i will have it thurs? does your truck look like the hammer?

exactly like the hammer only difference is the stickers on the body and some of the sparts have SMT instead of DTX

go to the duratrax web site and get me there part#s.. i will call my lhs and see if they can get them..maybe i can help..

Thanks for the list CSP, who do i curse if i order some of these expensive parts and they do not fit?

Haha! Not me!!!

Try tqrcracing.com (one of the sponsors here).

I'm personally a bit surprised that so many parts are out everywhere right now. I'm just ordering parts here and there from Tower as backups. I guess I'll have to order some shock ends. They are cheap enough. I just checked Hobbypeople.net, they don't have any either, backordered. WTF, is someone out there hording these things?

More of a fair weather fan, unfortunately, the weather hasn't been fair in YEARS!

If you turn the central column upside down, it looks the Royals are in first.

thats funny...a real fan sticks with it thru thick and thin...your just in the thin part.....i happen to be in the thick part..don't worry the sox will fall apart after the all star break just like they do every year.....

Uh OH sports fan battle.

I found a website that has alloy shock ends they also sell every smartech part if you can break the code. www.auctioncityaustralia.com.au they sell the 26cc monster truck on ebay, they list every part for this truck which identical to the FHMT and the SMT-MT. but there are not pictures of the parts and they are listed as part#1, part#2... and so on. the numbers don't match either SMT or DTX numbers. they had one picture of the front spindles which they called part#31 the SMT part number is 150040. well crap, no choice but to wait for parts.

i really shouldnt have bought this truck. It was the first reasonably priced 1/5th scale vehicle i saw. i was all set up to purchase it back in Feb. The HPI Baja 5b caught my eye and i bought it instead of this truck. I love the baja but the whole time im running it i keep thinking i wonder how well that monster truck would do. So i bought this thing and got it thursday. i really enjoy the way the thing drives now that ive tweeked on it alittle bit. you couldnt ask for a truck to jump any sweeter than this thing does. The Baja was more of a controlled crash every time i jumped it but this truck just floats on air. Ive got the shock things rigged up and they seem to be holding on but i don't have much left to work with if they do give up, its just not any fun to drive when i have to worry about parts not being available.

The Royals just plain suck, not much of a battle! I love going to games though.

I know how you feel on parts. I'm in an area where there is nothing but Traxxas in the few hobby shops that are around. No FG, no Duratrax, no HPI Baja, no nothing. It's more or less run it and if it breaks, I'll have to order parts somewhere, regardless if they are FG or Duratrax. Hell, even with my Losi Aftershock I couldn't get any aftermarket parts here locally. It doesn't bug me too much because finding time to run my cars is my biggest problem. I have a young son and one on the way in November so my time is limited. If I run once a week, I'm pretty happy. If something breaks, I can be down for a bit without feeling too bummed about it.

I agree that it sucks that a 2 dollar part isn't available anywhere.

Try here:

Place 1

or

Place 2

I'll look around a bit more. If I were you, I would give that tqrcracing place a call tomorrow (sponsor) and see if they have the part. If they do, let me know, I'll be calling them as well!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks