fibreglass shell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royal Male

Hi,

Im after a fibreglass shell for my Marder....fancy a change so may go for a beetle...anyone know a supplier?

Also is there much work/money required to mount the beetle shell on a marder?

cheers in advance peeps

I think you can get away with the undertray by fitting side touring car body mounts .
J
Be sure to get a decent shell as the fibre one I bought from fleebay was made from INSIDE the original body so it was far too tight to fit.
:rolleyes:

good man,when i first converted my marder into a beetle i had a result on ebay and got a painted but unused body and tub,but the tubs end up cracked at the front and rear after a few rolls and make the car a knightmare to work on as they do get in the way,however they do keep the crap out

if you want to mount a monster beetle shell then you just need to make some posts ive got 1 each side from the rollcage 1 at the front and 2 on the rear of the roof again fixed to the cage

i made some wings like this
rc016.jpg
meant i could mount my shell nice and low
empi009.jpg
if you use the full beetle shell, you will have to mount it a lot higher so the wheels don't foul the arches

I see your in Hampshire..are you one of the RAW guys? Thanks for the pics.....Scott at RAW kindly gave me his fibre glass beetle shell and recommended I mount it in a similar way that you have done. Just got hold of a 4mm sheet of ally so will make a card template asap.

i made some wings like this
rc016.jpg
meant i could mount my shell nice and low
empi009.jpg
if you use the full beetle shell, you will have to mount it a lot higher so the wheels don't foul the arches

i love the bugs in this low slug look i was so going to do my new shell like this but it means removing to much body for the vrc pipe and when its a brand new freshly painted £100+ body i just couldnt face cutting half of it away but its the best look and really suits the old skool marder bugs

this was my favourite, tried to keep it for on-road
first time i used it off road i destroyed the rear end ...lol
roofchoppick-up008.jpg

and this is my hot tuna shell (graphics also designed by Scott)

P1000032.jpg

that Hot Tuna shell is ace I remember seeing it at Sussex Bashers.......so Is that Dave Decibels then?

I need to repair a few spots on the shell Scott gave me...I've got some polyester resin, is that suitable for repairing the fibreglass?

Cheers

fg with wings

Finally finished ally wings for mounting beetle shell. The shell was kindly given to me by scott at RAW who did the very cool 'pringles' scheme so I cant take credit for that and I believe the shell was made by dave at RAW..

The wings are 3mm ally with 8mm ally rod used for the posts with rubber washes used to protect shell.

My concerns are the close proximity of the wings to the rear wheels and the use of body clips under the posts....so may need to adapt after first run.

Attachments

• IMG_7372.jpg
    IMG_7372.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7382.jpg
    IMG_7382.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 57
Finally finished ally wings for mounting beetle shell. The shell was kindly given to me by scott at RAW who did the very cool 'pringles' scheme so I cant take credit for that and I believe the shell was made by dave at RAW..

The wings are 3mm ally with 8mm ally rod used for the posts with rubber washes used to protect shell.

My concerns are the close proximity of the wings to the rear wheels and the use of body clips under the posts....so may need to adapt after first run.

That looks awsome mate good job. maybe you could buy rear wheel extenders or trim the side panels for better clearence but if they don't touch i would'nt worry to much;)

Troy

Looks spot on mate :cool2: I remember thee thread on MSUK when this shell had just been designed. It one of the best Ive seen. Mine is also a Dave shell ;)

Certainly looks the part with that beetle shell!

Hopefully I'll get my offroader up and running before too long and join you chaps in flinging dirt!

Hopefully I'll get my offroader up and running before too long and join you chaps in flinging dirt!

Hi Glen, good to see you on here.....is there a quarter scale section on this forum??? Keep me posted on the build and let me know about where to sell the G2D.

It was great to meet up the other day.

cheers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks