Fifth scale speedhunters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Musscle

I have chosen a bit weird point on interest - at least googling seem's to not help.
I have made an electric conversion to mcd rr4 with 2028 size motor in it and i am hunting for speed with it.

Maybe a dumm thing to do, because there are fift scale touring chassis better suitable for that. So i'm aware of that this chassis isn't ideal for this, but still:

Is there speedhunters in fifht scale here?

-What is the setup for shocks and all other things that i should check?

I clocked it 70mph in gps and it seemed to take it wery well. Only the tires didn't take it. One tire, the foams are all mess and on the rear the tires wear unevenly. I don't mean inside or outside wear, but the halves wear unevenly. Other half of the tire is like new, and other half is bald. Tire must bounce up in the air partly at those speed. Bad shock setup? Tire off balance?

That was with normal chassis setup that is suitable for turf track driving with jumps. So no setup tricks done for speedhunting. Only the gears was changed to the "tallest" possible with the gears that i have in there.

What kind of 180mm tires would suit best for high speeds? Normal touring tires are not good for this, because they are too small (120mm)

Last edited:
The one thats bald in the center is ballooning and it's the wheel that is driving the buggy the other wheel not so much. Did you swap the tires from one side to the other for the pictures? is this a 2 wd or 4 wd car? Both those tires are on the same corner of the car . WTF?

Same corner, same tire. Only rotated 180 degrees.

4wd, no diff in the center.

Oh also,I'd look at grp tires, the Baja guys use them and have successful with em

I don't think there are ones available at 180mm size? 118mm is too small for this buggy, that is'nt ment to go on tarmac.
On the other hand, there is a track version also from mcd rr4 / rr5. What kind of tires might there be...

Not sure... but maybe the foam is junk....

I had a tire on my Baja doing the same thing only not as bad..

l noticed the tire ballooning while running and crazy wear... l replaced it with a hostile zero growth foam...

next time out the wear evened out nicely ?

Just a thought! ?

Ive heard of people putting a hole in the tire to relief the pressure that builds up on tire swell ,also ,I
heard of taping the tire inside!

I don't think there are ones available at 180mm size? 118mm is too small for this buggy, that is'nt ment to go on tarmac.
On the other hand, there is a track version also from mcd rr4 / rr5. What kind of tires might there be...
No they are not but are most likely the only tires that will be up, plus their light as hell. Function > form

No they are not but are most likely the only tires that will be up, plus their light as hell. Function > form

Those are glued tires.
Youre probably right, i have to get the touring tires. I just have to compansate that in the gearing and make sure that the chassis plate wont scrape the ground.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks