Finally, after almost a year. I am HAPPY with my FIREHAMMER!! Warning, this is long.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Small2Large

I've had this car since March of last year, but I had NEVER gotten a good run out of it.

For most of last year, I would get a good 30 secs of running before the engine started to bog. I tried all your tips, but could never get it to run right.

I finally got around to ordering a CY 26cc around christmas. Got it installed, fired it up, started driving it and everything looked positive. Ran at 1/2 throttle and less for 2-3 mins, then my the engine just died. Picco switch tripped out. I was about 500 feet from my house so I had to carry the darn thing all the way back.

At first I thought the RX pack was dead, so I put it on the wall charger. The charger light didn't come on though, so I started to fiddle with it the wires and the light would flicker. Turns out the pack had a faulty connection somewhere so I built a new one out of some GP3300's I had laying around.

Next day, I put the new pack in the car, check my radio and my throttle servo isn't responding. Swapped RX's, tried other servos, nothing. Randomly, it started working again. But then the steering servo died, hard. Had to order a new one.

New servo came last week and I finally got the time to put it in today. Radio checked out on first try, but then I reset it by mistake and had to reprogram the 3rd channel for the picco.

Got that done, took the car outside. Fired it up. Drive around slow for a while to feel things out. Everything looked good. So I got on it, WOW. There's the power I've been looking for. With the road tires I can't get any traction on the street. I have to ease into the throttle or it just goes sideways into a curb.

I drove for at least 20 mins with no problems. Started getting cold and dark so I brought her in for the night. This is awesome. :)

IMG_3572.jpg

Last edited:
Good job figuring out the problems and getting her up and running... Happy for you bro!

As dirty as she looks... You might consider getting a Redneck prefilter to protect your new power plant

Put a nice exhaust on that motor and it will scream..... I have the same motor in my HPI Baja with a rear Dom... Puts a smile on my face all the time!

Get the dominator Mid/High pipe its a great pipe for the buggy and can handle the banging around since its a tank!
If you have broken up the body trim it out to make it more of a baja body:
attachment.php

Back