Finally complete MCD Rally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looker2756

Wanted to share some pictures I took today. This is my MCD rally car, that I have been working on for a while now. It has been a fairly slow project. I have been gathering parts to add & waiting to have them all to get started. It turned out nice & I can't wait to go race it !

Parts include :
MCD 535mm Chassis
MCD Alloy steering support
MCD Alloy servo tray
MCD Alloy Center Diff brace
MCD Alloy Rear chassis braces
MCD Steel inner trans gears
Chrome GP290 28.5 cc Engine
JetPro EVO3 design pipe
TGN X-can exhaust spacer
Elcon 4 shoe Clutch
Cat5 Cone air filter
Outerwares Pre-filters
Hitec 5745mg servos (3)
HPI 3000mah battery pack
Spektrum 3100 reciever

MCDRallyCarFinished011.jpg

MCDRallyCarFinished005.jpg

MCDRallyCarFinished024.jpg

MCDRallyCarFinished013.jpg

Looks great, and we have almost identical specs... lol!

Our hop up lists are so similar it's freaky...and I even have the same body on my 535... here's my list...

MCD 535mm Chassis
MCD Alloy steering support
MCD Alloy servo tray
MCD Alloy Center Diff brace
MCD Steel inner trans gears
Zenoah G260RC engine
Samba Race Pipe
Cat5 Cone air filter
Outerwares Pre-filters
Hitec 5745mg servo on throttle/brake
Multiplex Rhino on steering (only one, it has more than enough power, and is actually TOO fast)
4500mAh battery pack
Spektrum 3000 receiver

I also have a metal engine mount/gear carrier, courtesy of Vertigo's first production, and it's in red to match the proline hardware! I'll get some pics up soon, mine's not quite finished.

Is yours gonna be a track racer, rally car, drifter or what?

PS. Slam that body !! ;) Needs lowering at the back... :p

Foxy : I do like the Viper body. Alot ! There are at least 3 of us here with them & we race about everything. Mine will be mainly a racer, with some drifting. I hate to kill tires real often, so ... I guess we will see. We are going tonight to do some running. I hope to have someone shoot some video. It's my first run on it. I plan to be careful & see how it runs & drives. Making adjustments from there.

Well my first run is out of the way. No more nervous jitters. Yea Right ! It come home all in one piece & no real damage. Got some rubber on it's sides & the normal lube marks inside. The only damage at all is the front tires come up & rubbed spots on the upper front fenders inside the body. I even left the body mounted high ... LOL. As you can see by the video we run hard & corner hard. I guess I should expect something. Take a look, definitely watch in high quality ( option under number of views ), it's much better. Hope you all like it, We had a BLAST ! :cool2: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVJ-VnoYiJg

Thanks everyone. I thought I would up-date this thread with some current pictures, showing some of the minor scrapes & scratches. I had a head-on with a couple others in an accident at a quarter scale track. It was kinda nice to get the first big accident out of the way. It allowed me to drive a bit harder, cause I stopped wondering when I would add the first scratches. Before leaving the track I decided to run some laps to the right. I pushed it a bit hard & got against the wall a bit. Which added a few more scratches, but no big deal. Here are the latest pictures & a new video of it in action.

RallyCar090708003.jpg

RallyCar090708005.jpg

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vkmes33yPs

The best for an MCD on-road is the blue spot tires. Mine has std. on-road blue spot MCD tires. Don't know of a used source, but we carry new ones. The rims have are a different off-set than FG as well, but the tires will mount of FG wheels the way I understand it, I have never personally done that though.

The blue spot difference, is a heat sensitive rubber that gets tacky when warm & grips very well. Along with that the tire wear is a ton less because of not scuffing off the rubber.

The best for an MCD on-road is the blue spot tires. Mine has std. on-road blue spot MCD tires. Don't know of a used source, but we carry new ones. The rims have are a different off-set than FG as well, but the tires will mount of FG wheels the way I understand it, I have never personally done that though.

The blue spot difference, is a heat sensitive rubber that gets tacky when warm & grips very well. Along with that the tire wear is a ton less because of not scuffing off the rubber.

Oh ok good info
What is the Off set differeance? is the MCD more off set as in the outside of the rim is where the nut is ?
is the FG more center mounted?

I need deep offset- nut close to outside

trying to get info on these wheels

These off-set all the way to the inside. You can see the nuts on the outside of the wheels in this picture. The FG are close but have just enough of a dish outside to keep the nut inside the wheel. This is O.K. but not for MCD bodies.

RallyBike020.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks