Finally figure it out wont start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankestein

Bashing the X2 w the ported piston port and cylinder, Dominator pipe, just having fun when out of nowhere, it stopped running...

The usual, spark, fresh fuel, mix, compression, ignition coil, debris, and so on.

Went home frustrated clueless as to why, simple replace the engine. Later went, hell no, I need to know and hands on complete teardown.

Until I started to loosen up the flywheel, its when finally found the problem. It was very minor, engine would spin by hand and compression, but when lots of resistance, I mean a lot, it would free spin. Maybe the small FW pin snapped and its floating in the shaft. Keep looking and here and there, torch,puller and everything completely out.

See attachment, snapped the crankshaft, FW side, very weird and first time it happens, KM BTW.

Attachments

• 20190305_150957.jpg
    20190305_150957.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190305_151753.jpg
    20190305_151753.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190305_151807.jpg
    20190305_151807.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 12
Bashing the X2 w the ported piston port and cylinder, Dominator pipe, just having fun when out of nowhere, it stopped running...

The usual, spark, fresh fuel, mix, compression, ignition coil, debris, and so on.

Went home frustrated clueless as to why, simple replace the engine. Later went, hell no, I need to know and hands on complete teardown.

Until I started to loosen up the flywheel, its when finally found the problem. It was very minor, engine would spin by hand and compression, but when lots of resistance, I mean a lot, it would free spin. Maybe the small FW pin snapped and its floating in the shaft. Keep looking and here and there, torch,puller and everything completely out.

See attachment, snapped the crankshaft, FW side, very weird and first time it happens, KM BTW.
Well, that tells u it's a km alright lol. jk

Last edited:
I would say not bad for a yr of hard bashing, add to that a runaway that resulted on s bent chassis.

Yeah, the flywheel had a few missing fins, nothing that removing some from the other side would not fix je je...

Its fine w me, this engine has been on this truck for two yrs, lets take out a few months in storage.

exactly!

Installed new flywheel, have a ignition coil w a new Killet Bee, getting rid of the garbage Dynamite kill switch.

On the mail, new 30 Degree N body and cage.

Attachments

• 20190305_174503.jpg
    20190305_174503.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 5
  • 20190305_174600.jpg
    20190305_174600.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 5
Zen cranks can snap also. Pretty rare to see it but it has happened. Sometimes a crank will break the snout if it is a bad manufacturing job also.

It was not a a week or a month after purchase. Its on its 2nd top end, and ran it for the longest time without the mesh mod, pebbles broke some of the fins. I then just broke the opposite side to "balance it", ja ja and ran it like that, more than a yr. This was when KM would sell the X2 Deluxe RTR for 850 and add the store discount, plus I had opened a credit card which would give me 200 back on the first 500 spent.

There is a Zenoah 290 I bought w the Dom pipe through DDM on deal of the day which have not installed yet. Am trying to see whats the port work it likes to then do the same to the 290. The Fuelie 30.5 still has some more life ahead.

It happens etc, I bought the other day a brand new Xbox One Limited edition for 500, arrived defective, DOW. A few years ago a new pc, bad HD just when I hit the power button.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks