Finally got a digital camera...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

So, we'll see how it goes... It is a Samsung L200, 10.2 megapixel, from Ebay for 100 bucks shipped to my door...

Should be a little better than the lousy webcam!!! LOL

Sorry, my truck is pig dirty from playin in the mud and snow last week...

Trip..

Last edited:
So, we'll see how it goes... It is a Samsung L200, 10.2 megapixel, from Ebay for 100 bucks shipped to my door...

Should be a little better than the lousy webcam!!! LOL

Sorry, my truck is pig dirty from playin in the mud and snow last week...

Trip..

I need to get one also.
I have been using my wifes handy cam.

nice looking truck , like the color.

Thanks, It's actually candy red backed with indy silver (pactra paints) The camera makes it look orange..

Trip..

Here it is clean...

Last edited:
wowww!!! trip finally got a new camera lol

god stuff trip,now we can see all those vids you have in mind to post up..:D

man the more i see that truck the more awesome it looks,good stuff outa you trip lol

love the little tents on windows and lights,i would say some work went in to that shell.....

i sound like its my first time seeing it lol

Looks good my friend..just the right size picture for posting...
now your going to have fun with the camera for all you play time...
Best to you my friend...Slawhammer

wowww!!! trip finally got a new camera lol

god stuff trip,now we can see all those vids you have in mind to post up..:D

man the more i see that truck the more awesome it looks,good stuff outa you trip lol

love the little tents on windows and lights,i would say some work went in to that shell.....

i sound like its my first time seeing it lol

Looks good my friend..just the right size picture for posting...
now your going to have fun with the camera for all you play time...
Best to you my friend...Slawhammer

Thanks Guys... DC I had about 3 hours into taping/masking everything off. 25 coats of candy apple red lacquer (13 cans of Pactra fascolor) and 6 coats of silver... Then I screwed it up by getting impatient. I tinted the windows before the silver was dry. That is what caused the red to turn orange!! :no:

Also created a dark haze around the top and bed rails... I wish I tried to create that affect, but I didn't. If I would have tried to do it, I would have screwed it up...

Trip...

man weather you tried or accidently to do that paint job either way it looks great,a one off kind of a job....

so any thing happening recently with your mt?

you got impatient after 25 coats!!!! then the silver...wow....i think i can only handle about a can and four coats....gotcha beat....you patience is a lot better than mine!!!
And truck does look good too!!

Thanks guys...

DC.. Nothing is happening, I am waiting for the Servo set from Large Scale Alloy. My truck is down, I hit a puddle that was a little deeper than I thought!! Smoked the 5745...

Kwakr.. I wanted to see what it was going to look like!!! I was at work (I used to run a small tire store) and I had a customer coming in an hour, but I wanted it done before they got there... The bad thing was, they never showed!!!

CSP... That was a photo from my old camera and it was Summer.. LOL

The new camera takes amazing pics, but they are so large I can't post them in thumbnail form, unless I drop the settings down to the lowest they will go! lol

Glad you guys like my truck, as soon as I get my servos and a memory card for the camera, I will be a posting fool!! You all will be sick of me LOL... (even more than you are now!!) LOL

Trip..

P.S. I sent pics of my truck in to Extreme R/C for readers rides, last month. Lets hope I make it in the mag!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys...

DC.. Nothing is happening, I am waiting for the Servo set from Large Scale Alloy. My truck is down, I hit a puddle that was a little deeper than I thought!! Smoked the 5745...

Kwakr.. I wanted to see what it was going to look like!!! I was at work (I used to run a small tire store) and I had a customer coming in an hour, but I wanted it done before they got there... The bad thing was, they never showed!!!

CSP... That was a photo from my old camera and it was Summer.. LOL

The new camera takes amazing pics, but they are so large I can't post them in thumbnail form, unless I drop the settings down to the lowest they will go! lol

Glad you guys like my truck, as soon as I get my servos and a memory card for the camera, I will be a posting fool!! You all will be sick of me LOL... (even more than you are now!!) LOL

Trip..

P.S. I sent pics of my truck in to Extreme R/C for readers rides, last month. Lets hope I make it in the mag!!

Trip-
Set up a photobucket account. It'll resize them for you when you upload. It's free and you can store a ton of photos there. Plus, you can put your "personal" ones up there and lock them from everyone seeing.

www.photobucket.com

Then, once you upload the picture, you can paste the "IMG" code into the this and the picture will be available for all to see when you post.

aww crap trip,i know that feeling,servos are the most anoying little item to break because i guarantee they are the only part you would never have as spares.....i have a few as spares but are all throttle/brake size.

ah least you will be up and running now when you get that sorted,i have the nasty job of drilling a snapped bolt out of my engine head from jetpro on my beetle now this evening,ah shouldnt be too bad,damm jetpro is so heavy......

I was just reading that in the Beetle thread... I guess the welded on wiener thing, that went down to the chassis didn't work? That's a bummer, but maybe you will get lucky and maybe the bolt vibrated loose, before it snapped off. I am thinking it did, that's what allowed it to flop around causing the bolt to snap from the landing. If it did, you may be able to pick the rest of the bolt out with an awl.. Fingers crossed for you.. I myself wouldn't be all that excited about drilling into a $350.00 motor!!

Or check with an auto parts store, for a bolt extractor set. You could get away with drilling a 1mm (.040") hole and use the extractor, to back the screw out. Instead of running the risk of getting the hole off centered and trashing the head..

Good luck,

Trip..
P.S. I will post this in your thread also..

Last edited:
Thanks Guys... DC I had about 3 hours into taping/masking everything off. 25 coats of candy apple red lacquer (13 cans of Pactra fascolor) and 6 coats of silver... Then I screwed it up by getting impatient. I tinted the windows before the silver was dry. That is what caused the red to turn orange!! :no:
Also created a dark haze around the top and bed rails... I wish I tried to create that affect, but I didn't. If I would have tried to do it, I would have screwed it up...
Trip...

Sounds real familiar!:( I back painted with black and my cherry took to brown. I can laugh about it now, I think.:)
33520445861.jpg

Stinks getting with the times don't it?:clown:

Wish you luck!:clover:

:clown::clown: you know what pics i would really like to see with your new camera...those gorilla slippers!!!!!:lol::lol::stick:

hehe...sorry Trip...just couldnt resist!!!

:clown::clown: you know what pics i would really like to see with your new camera...those gorilla slippers!!!!!:lol::lol::stick:

hehe...sorry Trip...just couldnt resist!!!

Here ya go! I can't take pictures of my truck because I am still waiting for my damn parts to get here...

You can see what the walk did to the bottoms of them, they were almost brand new... LOL...

Trip..

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks