FireHammer Battery Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronk3

I am having problems with the battery constantly going dead after 5 minutes. This is the battery that came with the truck and it is not even through the first break in tank. I can't break it in cuz the battery keeps going dead. Anyone else with this problem and if there is a solution?

Have you conditioned the battery?..If a Nicad ..you have to charge full the discharge it
I hooked up a small light 12 volt bulb too discharge the battery...Till buld is not lite any more..You need to charge battery again..do this 3 times....To condition the battery...
Now this is for NICAD battery.....This will give you more run time by doing this...
Just to chime in here ..AKASlawhammer

I have never done that in 10 years of doing rc might be the failsafe aswell but if u r using the stock charger that came with the truck it takes 3 + hrs to charge I would sugest you buy a good peak charger imo I did takes 45 min to charge tells u all that its from duratraxx aswell I 4got what model its the one with the digital screen pretty good charger tho

A stock wall charger with a 1800 mah will take about 12 hours to fully charge
a 3300mah will take 24 hours.

First get a decent charger the super brain 977 is a good charger and it also discharges up to 4 amps

I would toss the stock battery...you will only get about a gas tank or 2 of run time... get a 3300 mah or above

Last edited:
If you are using the stock wall charger DON'T, throw it out! They are cheap, crappy and dangerous. Like hellya says it can take a whole day to charge it and if you forget it make sure its in a tin fireproof box or pow!! Get a good charger and try reconditioning your existing battery until you can afford to get a new one. You will get 2 tanks but that will be 11/2 hours and you need a rest anyway. Charge it in your new charger and in less then a 1/2 hour you can do it all over again.:)

Charger 1st.
Battery 2nd.

Never leave battery charging without somebody in the house, unless you have a god charger that will stop charging when the batty is full.

The battery is shot...we replaced it with another battery from one our traxxas batteries and it works well. We e-mailed Duratrax and waiting for a reply. We also have a feeling that the remote and receiver are bad as well and replaced them with traxxas parts and have not got to run it yet due to a change in the weather.

I am having problems with the battery constantly going dead after 5 minutes. This is the battery that came with the truck and it is not even through the first break in tank. I can't break it in cuz the battery keeps going dead. Anyone else with this problem and if there is a solution?

I had the same problem. I conditioned the pack numerous times and finally got it up to full capacity. After a week of sitting it was at 1.5v again. My solution? Cut of the wires near the battery to use the wires/connector for something else, use the battery for a nice pretty yellow paperweight.

I bought a Hydrimax Ultra 4200mah battery for $40 at Tower.

I had one of the thin metal connections break on one of my bty's, had to strip all the outer covering to find it but once it was soldered over with a piece of copper wire now works a treat. before you dump it and buy new strip it down and check.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks