Firehammer brake pads on FG Stadium?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmdz28

hey fellas, current my FG runs without any brake, since the brake pads are nearly gone. However i am having a bit of a difficulty finding a vendor that has FG Stadium brake pads. Do you think i can use firehammer brake pads instead?

If you have tried this, do you find any issues? is it a perfect fit? I am thinking about just make one on my own, since finding one is nearly impossible.

thanks

Sid

I think what cyclops1970 is saying is that the upgraded rear brake will allow more stopping power and last longer then the stock set up. You will need to buy the 7497, this will come with the same type of brake disk but it will be larger. The upgrade for that the 8449 is a metal disk with different brake pads. I use the set up 7497,8449,7474 and it made a big difference. You could also get the front MT uprights and MT brakes but that would cost about 70+$ more then the rear set up.

I will check tonight to see if the FH brake pads will work for you.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

It's been a while since I messed with the stock set up.:blush: I now remember the bare metal plates that are used in the stock brake setup. The upgrade is 2 an aluminum plates that are used and the upgrade for the upgrade are two real brake pad and the metal disk.
The Firehammer stock metal brake plates should bolt up just right with the FG. There is a slight modification that all FG owners using the stock gear plate should do to keep the metal pads from melting into the gear plate and to get more breaking power.
Look here:
https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1940

Last edited:
correct me if i'm wrong what you are saying is that this part 7497

fg_7497-1163688175.jpg

can be used with this part 8449

fg_8449-1163766306.jpg

in a Firehammer/Carson/Duratrax truck without any mods or anything ?

if this the case i need this setup to slow down my Carson CRT after fitting the dominator.

Last edited:
correct me if i'm wrong what you are saying is that this part 7497

fg_7497-1163688175.jpg

can be used with this part 8449

fg_8449-1163766306.jpg

Yes.

in a Firehammer/Carson/Duratrax truck without any mods or anything ?

if this the case i need this setup to slow down my Carson CRT after fitting the dominator.

Sorry, No.

Only the stock small brake disks and stock metal break pads are interchangeable.
Best bet right now is to buy a set of front brakes. Have you adjusted the two grub screws in the front of the gear plate to see if you can get more bite on the brake disks?

Last edited:
yer have adjusted them.

So a setup like this would not work as a direct replacement

afc6_1.jpg

I know that would fit on the FireHammer but, as far as the trucks I thought the large mount was different then the buggies? If the trucks are set up like the Buggy then that set up should work. I have never seen the FHTrucks up close to know how they differ from FG? I do know that the small mount has been said to be the same but the large is different slightly for some reason.

its for sale on flea bay, could by it and try, may get lucky if not could always strip and use what i can and sell on the rest. will depend on price

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks